Confident About Your Physics Knowledge? Watch This!

Physics is ever-surprising. Check this official physics experiment with Newton beads which seem to defy the gravity. Without searching on the Google - try to explain the phenomenon.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    I can't see the video right now, but I will take a guess😉, generally gravity can be countered by using like charges (ie electric repulsion ). Maybe beads are charged and have same charge as what is beneath those. (It is just a shot in the dark, tell me if I hit the target 😏 😁 )
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Physics is ever-surprising. Check this official physics experiment with Newton beads which seem to defy the gravity. Without searching on the Google - try to explain the phenomenon.
    In my opinion the explanation is as given in the video. What is seen is a consequence of Newton's Laws of motion. Mainly inertia. The initial length of chain on the outside and the jerk given to start the movement does it. That part of the chain moving up has to keep moving upward. But it is pulled down by the portion of the chain outside the beaker. The shape seen is a dynamic equilibrium between these two opposing forces.
    a somewhat similar thing happens with the slinky spring toy elsewhere on CE.
    A beautiful demo of Newton's Laws!
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The recent entry in the 110cc motorbike segment is with the launch of Centuro by Mahindra & Mahindra group. The two-wheeler portfolio of the company is going to be scaled...
We have seen several of us opting for Mineral water instead of the corporation water being pumped into our houses by the Government Why or What is the main reason...
Can someone explain to me in detail whether the C programming language is platform dependent? Please offer some examples as well.
GUNNARS are high-tech computer glasses designed specially for the group of people like Gamers,Bloggers,Coders,IT Technicians,Video editors,etc. who are glued to the computer for majority time of the day. Usually, these...
Now a days,the usage of mobile phones became excess and almost every person uses a mobile phone. In the environment point of view,the mobile phone radiations are proved to be...