Condition based maintenance

I have wireless sensors that can transmitt real time data back to a centralized computer where the readings are stored in a database. The data is also checked against threshold values to determine if something has failed. I would like to look into more advance maintenance algorithms. For example how can the sensor readings predict when a piece of equipment will need to be serviced? When is the optimum time to replace a part? Can someone suggest ideas of where I can get information about this topic? ThanK you.

Replies

• bill190
    bill190
    The following link is about the General Motors "Oil Life Monitor" Algorithm...
    (Predicts when motor oil in a vehicle should be changed.)
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Then for OBDII or vehicle "On Board Diagnostics", I searched google.com for the words
    OBDII algorithms
    and found a few pages...
    Google

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, I am a B.E(EEE) 2010 passed out graduate and is looking for a job.But most of the job profile require some special courses. I have thought of automation,...
Hello friends, Currently i am using ubuntu 10.04 and want to install java on it. Can anyone have some idea which packages i have to install. I realy need it...
What do you think ? The worldwide reach of TV is reducing cultural differences or not. 😁😁
Supposing one decides to walk around the earth on the equator, the top of the person's head would describe a circle whose circumference would be longer than the circle described...
Hey i am a relative novice on augmented reality. Can anyone please help me out with project ideas in augmented reality. Its really urgent!