Concept of deemed universities to be abolished

New Delhi: The concept of deemed universities will be abolished in India, Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Kapil Sibal said Tuesday, a day after the government moved an affidavit in the Supreme Court seeking de-recognition of 44 such institutions, including Bangalore's Christ College and Jain University.

"It is a policy decision that all the deemed universities will finally go," Sibal said at the 10th Editor's Conference on social sector issues here. Sibal's comments come a day after the central government filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court stating that the recognition of 44 deemed universities must be taken away.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need matlab code for histogram equilization, can any one help me out.
Hi CEans, i needed a small help regarding my electronics project how can i convert a change in capacitance into a digital signal.. or even a change in voltage or...
All AVAST fans out there! ๐Ÿ˜ AVAST 5.0 is now out and I'm downloading it at the moment. If you just can't wait, head over to: avast! Free Antivirus -...
I stumbled upon following post on Lifehacker: https://lifehacker.com/5452067/remains-of-the-day-microsoft-urges-users-to-ditch-internet-explorer-6-xp What say you?
Let's face it, newspapers bring us yesterday's news. It carries no video, no audio. Internet is real time, has text, audio and video. Are we entering an era of no...