Computer systems student, need advice from experts.

Hello,

This is my first post here, I wish I can be helpful in future to be able to payback the advice 😀

I'm computer systems student, studying in egypt, actually all what we study are algorithms, organization, operating systems, database, control ..etc

but the vision is still blurry for me what is the future job that is waiting for me, and what are the fields that are

Replies

• Hazem Elsawy
    Hazem Elsawy
    available for me to walk through (work)

any advice will be eye opening for me

thanks in advance
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hi Hazem, Welcome to CE.

Most Computer Science/Information Technology curriculums across the globe include the subjects you've mentioned. From algorithms to computer architecture and databases to OSes, everything has to be learnt to have a good understanding of how the machines, you will be using for years to come, operate.

As you progress through these subjects, you should identify and list down the particular subjects that interest you the most. It could be anything from software testing to PHP development or hardware management to networking control.

Once you are able to lay out the subject that interests you the most, you can start exploring the career options related to that subject. There's a vast pool of options for any given computer subject and even outside the curriculum.

I hope this helps you get started. Feel free to ask further questions. Fellow engineers would be keen to reply. 👍
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    @#-Link-Snipped-# ,
    Probably you are worrying because you are reading theory but not applying it anywhere. But algorithm and databases are most crucial part of any computer project. I would suggest you to start working on any small project streaming over LAN, Daily budget management system etc. you will encounter with problem which needs you to apply your theoretical knowledge into practical. Then you will get clear picture what you are studying.
    Do not worry about job, just make sure to start working/getting knowledge in your interest of Computer system branch System programming, web programming, DBA, Shell programming, Testing and many more.. just keep getting into practical approach.
    All the best.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The California tech giant Google Inc. has announced a new research project named ‘Project Tango’ on Thursday, aiming to bring 3D technology to smartphones for developing potential applications like indoor...
It was recognized that Holography could become the future of data storage with the capability to read-write huge amounts of data in a parallel way. The technology has been put...
An interesting interactive eWaste map: https://step-initiative.org/index.php/WorldMap.html
Ahead of MWC 2014, Broadcom Corp has launched its new BCM4771 GNSS SoC that promises to help wearable gadgets become low-power ones. Yep, bagging the title of being industry's first...
Ever thought of artificial muscles made of fiber and sewing thread? Well, believe it or not, researchers have been successful in developing a new technology by twisting polythene and nylon...