Computer Science Project: Converting Music into Notations

I was randomly thinking about mini projects in Computer Science... and I came up with an idea of creating a desktop application to convert instrumental music (.wav files) into Notations.

The basic idea is to help beginners in playing various musical instruments with the help of those notations.

By Speech/Voice Recognition techniques, we are able to convert voice to text, then is the same logic applicable in converting the different amplitudes of sound into Musical Notations (i.e. A,B,C,D etc..)

What do you think, is it possible?

Please put your ideas, suggestions and tips for the same.
Thanks in Advance

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    No suggestions so far?

Isn't this project viable?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It is a great project. Look at following similar idea: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Meaning: annoying person Usage: He is only a gadfly, paying too much attention to his like would be a waste of our precious energy. Syn: nuisance, pest
Is it true that a multimeter works at the giga hz frequency? I'm quite curious to know.
CEans, Tell us what do you think is the top feat of engineering ever? Also, you must support your answer. 😀 Is it the Great Wall Of China? Is it...
iam doing b tech engineering in information technology well, we are now in final year where we have to do academic projects using java or .net technologies. well please list...
I am planning to buy T rings for my camera. but my camera is neither a DSLR nor a SLR. Its rather high end digital camera which might be considered...