Computer Science / Electrical / Electronics Project Idea: Wireless Home Security

Here's an idea that popped up in my mind while locking the doors and closing windows today before we left for a quick shopping to a mall. How about a wireless home security system that checks the status of windows and doors (open/close) and then quickly informs the user whether any doors are accidentally left open.

There could be an app that shows the status of doors from anywhere anytime. The system would even be very light on the energy side because I don't expect considerable energy consumption that would result into noticeable difference in bills!

Anyone taking up this idea?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the energy concern is cheap in this as all the sensors can be coupled to a single GSM based device which sends the warning mess

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Share your views on cloud computing. I would like to have a discussion here about this topic. ๐Ÿ˜ Please share all that you know in this regard.
Almost all of us refer to online reviews before purchasing anything. Be it a mobile phone or a car. Online reviews are supposed to be unbiased and offer 'true insight'....
hi guys i plan to charge low power battery while i pedal is it possible if yes do tell me how it can be brought about PS: prime concern lesser...
I bet all of you are aware of that funny, but yet antique gear shifter, present in scooters and autorickshaws. the shifter is present on the left hand side of...
wats d avg package n hwz is plcmnts in CDAC for pdDiploma???