Computer architecture

In computer architecture, why does instruction sets are first discussed before the hardware architecture?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    If you understand the instruction set, you will be able to visualize how the architecture will be. The buffers and memory management are covered in Instruction set. So that you can think of there will be 2 8 bit memories in a 8085 Microprocessor and stuff... Got it? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gautam.kolluru
    gautam.kolluru
    @praveenscience, thank you for the reply.
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    good to have CS guru like Praveen onboard!
    Welcome & Thanks... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gautam.kolluru
    gautam.kolluru
    Well said synergynext! ๐Ÿ˜€
    So Gautam, are you in 4th semester? Which university?
  • gautam.kolluru
    gautam.kolluru
    @praveen, im currently working in abudhabi, uae. I've completed engg in yr 2009 from andhra university.
  • gautam.kolluru
    gautam.kolluru
    I would like to visualise how the circuit, transistors etc., will be mounted on a chip to make a processor????
    Oh ok... Nice... And you can use Verilog HDL to visualize in a PC... ๐Ÿ˜€ I am not sure though but it is possible... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gautam.kolluru
    gautam.kolluru
    I use ubuntu linux for my notebook. Do i have verilog s/w for it?
    Try the package education-electronics, I guess that will have much more... Ubuntu โ€“ Error ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gautam.kolluru
    gautam.kolluru
    Thank you praveen, i would check that out.
    Sure... Keep me updated... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ppl, I am coding a program and in that i have to handle a very large amount of data. It can vary from 1 to 1000000000. I am using...
Hint : They are in news recently.......๐Ÿ˜
We live in the world of tough competition and peer pressure is natural outcome of the competition we build up in our own minds. This competition may lead to positive...
i am having trouble finding the oxidation state of some compounds namely Ni(CO)4 & Na3Fe(CN)5NO please help
plz help me in my final year project is handover in 3G simulation using matalb ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”