Computer-Aided Engineering for Electric Drive Vehicle Batteries (CAEBAT)

The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) recently awarded three industry teams, after a competitive procurement process, a total of $7 million for the development of computer-aided software design tools to help produce the next generation of electric drive vehicle (EDV) batteries.

These projects support DOE’s Computer-Aided Engineering for Electric Drive Vehicle Batteries (CAEBAT) program. The objective is to help the automotive and battery industries design and develop a wide array of advanced EDV batteries more quickly, resulting in less expensive batteries.

EDVs — hybrid electric vehicles, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, and electric vehicles — have the potential to significantly reduce petroleum consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.

Project goals for the selected teams include:

• Developing battery engineering tools to design cells and battery packs
• Shortening the battery prototyping and manufacturing processes
• Improving overall battery performance, safety, and battery life
• Reducing battery costs.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai CEans, Please post on the poll so that we can get an idea about the members in each engineering discipline. Hope to see your cooperation. Caio P.S. Please don't...
The Art & Science of Appreciation ​I remember one article about various factors necessary for healthy growth of newly born babies. It said that, infants who got frequent touch of...
Hello guys! I am a second year(3rd sem) CSE guy at National Institute of Technology. I am strucked with a great dilemma, "whether to utilise my vacations for getting training...
Panasonic Toughbook® H2 handheld tablet PC runs a full OS (Windows(R) 7 Professional). It has 10.1" sunlight-viewable LED screen capable of up to 6000 nit in direct sun and sealed...
Basic components of aircraft hydraulic systems and its working Read more here