Compressed Air

HI FRIENDS,
compressed air can be used as an alternative fuel for petrol and more over it's not a pollutant.for the cars moving below 60 kmph,we can possibly use compressed air in tanks.
Is there any method to convert the effluent gas as internal air conditioning.?suggest me your views.....๐Ÿ˜‰

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    there are several brands of air run cars in production as you point out, we've talked about them a bit previously. I don't quite understand your question about gas and air conditioning, could you explain some more?
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    Hi gohm,
    I meant about practical feasibility of converting exhaust gas from the cars that run on compressed air into air conditioning. could u possibly get me some solutions?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    This has been tried some times but has been a failure. Couple of friends of mine were researching on this for their FYP before they hit a block i.e. it failed. They wanted to run the cars AC using the heat from exhaust gases.
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    have they tried it using a heat exchanger or with anything else?
  • gohm
    gohm
    difficult, though not impossible. I think right now it is not feasible without implementing additional technology. What are your plans to minimize back pressure, weight & resistance by an a/c system powered by an air run vehicle?
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    hi gohm,
    I couldn't get clear view about back pressure and its resistance.let us now think about the ordinary car that run on petrol.later we shall match the concept with air run engines.
    My idea is that,the average car engine only uses less than half the heat energy generated by fuel combustion. Waste heat in car exhausts can be use to generate high-amplitude sound waves that can power a car's air-conditioning.
    What we're doing here is we use very high sound levels where the temperature changes are much higher
    Sound waves resonating inside sealed metal tubes create cold spots.
    Blowing air over these spots then cools the inside of the car.
    however, the process of converting heat into sound is not known.Do u agree with this?
  • gohm
    gohm
    I think you need a thermoacoustic sterling engine. It conerts temperature difference into sound. Are you aware of these?
  • Dr R.T.Jadhav
    Dr R.T.Jadhav
    Not being a Mechanical Engineer, I am afraid I do not understand as to what will be the composition of the exhaust and why it will be at high temperature. Further, I believe that for the compressed air we would require a Compresser which would require electricity or any other power source. If only the electricity for it is produced by non conventional methods such as solar/wind/tidal etc, only then we can really say that it is a non polluting system. Conventional methods of power generation such as thermal would only mean that the pollutional source has been shifted from mobile to stationary.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Where will i gt the Synopsis of Colour Sensor and Sampling of good,Electronic eye security system.๐Ÿ˜•
I saw a video of Nokia's new revolutionary concept in nano technology...its really amzing to me... For those of you who havent seen it...posting a link too... It is quite...
Hey CE's, I'm completely new to this forum and looking for some very good ideas & concepts for my final year project. My area of interest is web-application (specially using...
Hello there., I'm doing my final year project in 3D garphics. Probably I'd try to design a mobile game using J2ME as I dont have enough time & resources for...

hi

hi frenz...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜