View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12920 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
aki.4517
aki.4517 • Oct 17, 2016

Components of Electrochemical Impedance Analyzer

Hello everyone.. I wanted to know the components inside a practical impedance analyzer although I'm familiar with its working and how we use A.C voltage excitation signal to check current values at different frequencies, i wanted to know what components (like frequency generator, data collection etc.) actually play the role in showing us the final nyquist plot from the current collection at the start of a cell..block diagram or detailed article would be very helpful.
Thanks
aki.4517
aki.4517 • Oct 18, 2016
A.V.Ramani
These may help.
Basics of Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
Basics of EIS: Electrochemical Research-Impedance
Electrical impedance
https://bmia.bmt.tue.nl/people/BRomeny/Courses/8C120/pdf/ElectricalImpedance.pdf
Thank you for the info. But I've already studied this and I'm familiar with the basics. I wanted to know the components inside a practical system of an impedance analyzer, eg. First step is signal generation so a Agilent frequency generator can be used for this. second step is analysis of output signal, so what practical components are there in it? Similarly for the whole process of impedance analyzer what components are there? And my second question is that can this be possible theoretically to build one using NI DAQ (for signal generation and output analysis) and labview as software.
aki.4517
aki.4517 • Oct 18, 2016
A.V.Ramani
These may help.
Basics of Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
Basics of EIS: Electrochemical Research-Impedance
Electrical impedance
https://bmia.bmt.tue.nl/people/BRomeny/Courses/8C120/pdf/ElectricalImpedance.pdf
Also, please have a look at this.
Complex Impedance Analyzer
Wanted to know in these terms to build an impedance analyzer using NI-DAQ and LabView.
Thanks
National Instruments have an R&D centre in Bangalore. They are very helpful. Contact them with your problem. I am sure that you will get some useful info.
Contact Us - National Instruments India

Share this content on your social channels -