Competitions on CE

Hi all,
I was wondering in morning as to why we don't organize competitions and such stuffs.
I would like to ask fellow CEans if they can suggest some things on these lines.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    simplycoder
    Hi all,
    I was wondering in morning as to why we don't organize competitions and such stuffs.
    I would like to ask fellow CEans if they can suggest some things on these lines.
    Well, we seriously are running short of people to take care of organizing. If few of the CEans are ready to come forward, we'll take care of everything else, right from prizes and any other help required.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    The_Big_K
    Well, we seriously are running short of people to take care of organizing. If few of the CEans are ready to come forward, we'll take care of everything else, right from prizes and any other help required.
    Actually I had a thought about programming competitions.
    But I think its kind of difficult to organize. I would be glad to organize it if we can have basic foundation for the same.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am ready for anything that's "interesting" or "technical".
    I hate silence in forum,some activities should constantly keep going,that's what i believe.
    So,Let's turn this silence into riot ๐Ÿ˜€
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Troll_So_Hard
    I am ready for anything that's "interesting" or "technical".
    I hate silence in forum,some activities should constantly keep going,that's what i believe.
    So,Let's turn this silence into riot ๐Ÿ˜€
    Its been quiet a while, last time any competition or of that sort on CE that I participated was the aptitude test conducted on Sunday.

How about a coding competition.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We can have coding competition or quiz competition. We've done so many of them (quiz) in the past. If anyone's got a plan, do share it with me and we'll see what can we do.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Aye aye captain,I am ready.
    We need more CEans.I am learning Python & C (trying to get deep) atm,hence I am not so "dope" in any of domain,though I'll try my level best to contribute. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    The_Big_K
    We can have coding competition or quiz competition. We've done so many of them (quiz) in the past. If anyone's got a plan, do share it with me and we'll see what can we do.
    Tell me if this is possible for a coding/quiz/logic competition.

1.)This coding challenge will be for 15 days.
    2.)There would be around 10 coding problems.
    3.)1 problem would be displayed per day.
    4.)Participants must register first for the event on which a code or ID would be given to them which they have to input while submitting the solution.
    5.)All the problems would be inclined more on mathematical side (Need to think on this as currently I am not getting any ideas to bypass online compiling of programs.) which has only one correct answer.
    6.)In case of a tie, first correct answer gets full marks rest scores are then normalized accordingly.
    7.)Participants would only need to enter the solution and not the program.

I was thinking to use google forms to take the answers from the participants. I know this is bit of crude but then at least it can be tried.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This can be done. We'll announce the problem at a specific time and offer some specific time for the responses. If this suits the plan, we can make it more interesting!

Sure, we can make this happen.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Guys all are in it no one will back out of challenges that easily here in CE
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Ok then when shall we start with the registration process?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah for sure friend bring it on I am eager to participate in it
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    We need to advertise it on may be the main page and so on... so that members get to know about it easily.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there anyone here who can help me, can suggest or has an idea as to where I can find a latest thesis paper/Journal about a human body mimicking robot...
Today CEan ET is celebrating his birthday. Wish Rahul aka ET a very Happy Birthday. Have a rocking year ahead buddy. ๐ŸŽ‰ :myparty:
What is gravitational force? How the electrical energy is produced by gravitational force?
A large number of engineers apply for the GATE (Full Form: Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering) exam for the M.Tech studies every year. The big fight is for getting admission...
dpfc is a fact device which is in under research!!!!!i want to know whether DPFC is in use in the current trend as i am going to do the project...