competition - your idea to improve the manufacturing of wafer

The #-Link-Snipped-# Idea Contest seeks your ideas about key challenges of wafer based manufacturing in the field of photovoltaic.
Join the contest and share your ideas with the community and industry experts!

Submit your own idea, discuss and evaluate the ideas of others and win amazing prizes. So far, only six ideas (no kidding!) were submitted, so when making a good idea, your chances of winning are increasingly high (especially if you have a look at the duration – only a few days left)!

In order to make good suggestions, you can see in the following lines the problems of the individual processes.

Process Acidic
If etched too roughly, the solar cell performance is limited by the high surface recombination velocity of the front surface. Too smooth surfaces limit the short circuit current due to the high reflectance. So, how to find an optimal compromise?
Process Phosphorus Diffusion
Automation system for loading and unloading the wafers
Process PS Getch
An important wet chemical process step following the PSG etch is a short etch of the emitter in order to decrease the phosphor content at the wafer surface (dead layer) and therefore to decrease the surface recombination velocity.
Process Single Side Polish Etching
Wrap around, Replacement of HF
Process SiNx Arc v2 PECVD
All systems on the market are using special carriers to transport the samples in and out of the deposition chambers. Thus, an automation system is required that loads and unloads the carriers. Wafer breakage and limited throughput can be challenges. Since all major systems on the market are either PECVD or sputtering equipment, the deposition process itself is performed under vacuum conditions. The pressure difference between the process pressure and the ambience is another challenge leading to the grouping of the wafer flow within the production environment.
Process Screen Printing
Automated handling of thin wafers d<150µm, Breakage rate caused by mechanical stress during print process, Alignment to existing structures on wafer (selective emitter concepts, metal wrap-through, emitter wrap-through)
Process Fast Firing
During firing many processes are taking place. This makes this process powerful but also difficult to optimize since the individual processes which are taking place should be all optimized within the same process. Wafer bow is a challenge for thin wafers and firing furnace outlet automation.
Process Laser Edge Isolation UJ
Provide a cost effective process, Processing of one wafer in < 1 second, Removal of process dust to prevent contamination of process, Ensure precise calibration between vision and laser system for accurate wafer detection and accurate laser processing close to the environment and coverage of used optics substrate’s edge
Process solar cell testing and sorting
Automated handling and contacting of thin wafers d<150µm, Correct calibration of the flasher,
Automated contacting back contact cells

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii everyone, i'm pursuing electrical engg from dce.. plz help me out on some crazy events in electrical and electronics engineering. kindly do reply fast.....
In 1994, the L.M. Ericsson Company became interested in connecting the mobile phones to other devices without cables. Together with four other companies namely, IBM, Intel, Nokia and Toshiba, it...
I am trying to share some of my knowledge about the Bluetooth Architecture. Here it goes: Let us begin with a brief overview of what it contains and what it...
Hi!😀 i need to state the complete MPEG video coding procedure😉.so please help me 2 state how the MPEG video coding procedure works! 😀 thanx!
Ceans, do you think that ENGINEERS are the one responsible for what is happening now in our environment... the global warming, climate change, other abnormalities in the nature??