Compare videos for similarity : Computer Science Project Idea

Today, during a discussion in a lecture a topic was raised that, there should be a facility to compare different videos and display results of videos with similar content.
(i.e. we are not taking into consideration the image titles.)
The algorithm for comparison should be so designed that it searches for some specific peculiarities among the videos and display results accordingly.

I did not give this concept much thought. But can bring this concept to some concrete shape.

Here's a resource I found for Video Comparisons:

PDF

Let your ideas flow in.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I didn't understand why people get complication in doing comparison between two thing.
    As we know in digital world everything is different in comparison of his bit's(1,0).
    As for example a computer make the difference between 2(10) and 3(11) by his bit combination.
    Then why we go with such like complicated comparison.
    Isn't a good idea to compare the things on his bit value.
    some days ago i posted a program for image comparison in java....but i think no body can seen it.check it out here...#-Link-Snipped-# i think it works fine and give the correct result.
    Isn't a cool idea to compare the thing on his bit(0,1).
    Many times i have written this type of program to compare two things and it works fine for me..!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Mohit: Yes. You are right. We will have to compare the videos by using their bit scheme.
    But since the videos are not still, we would need a more complex program. (You can tell this better. I don't have much knowledge of Java)

Moreover, when we consider 2 videos: how do we judge the similarities?
    I mean, can we search for videos with similar characters/heroes OR similar music OR similar speech?

PS: Will this project come under AI?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    i think you are wrong we can only compare size of image using this scheme ,in order to obtain more precise comparasion we need to use some algorithm

You can refer the thread named "laplacian image processing" to know about these algorithms
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    goyal420
    we can only compare size of image using this scheme
    No goyal you didn't notice that i didn't compare the image till the end.I will only matched the portion of image.When we got an ascii "3" it will closed the loop.
    Ok lets take it in simple way.Check this code.....
    import java.io.*;
    class cha
    {
    public static void main(String args[])
    {
    byte b[]=new byte[6000];
    try
    {
    FileInputStream f=new FileInputStream("kk.jpg");
    f.read(b);
    FileOutputStream fo=new FileOutputStream("mon.jpg");
    fo.write(b);
    }
    catch(Exception e)
    {
    System.out.println("Exception caught ");
    }
    }
    }
    It will cut your portion of image and then Apply my image comparison program again it will show the image will be matched.Now do one thing put "32" (condition to close the loop).
    Now you can able to compare the image till it didn't find the space in his bit combination.
    I didn't have any project on this topic.But i think if you do an event to select the portion of image(you may take rectangle to select the portion of image you want to match) and matched with the original one. It works.
    I think now you clear that it will compare the image not size.
    i think you are wrong.
    Ya may be i am wrong It will just my idea to do comparison.
    As you know in our computer thing differ only in his bit combination then why not compare the things on his bit combination.
    What wrong in this idea goyal....?

in order to obtain more precise comparasion we need to use some algorithm
    You can refer the thread named "laplacian image processing" to know about these algorithms
    Frankly speaking i didn't have any read about these topics.
    But i must read about this after 8th jan(My university last exam held on 8th).
    After getting time i must read about these topics and try to do this project.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT="]Boiler AIR AND FLUE GAS SYSTEM[/FONT] "We talked before about HITACHI Boiler Overview (Steam Generator), we mentioned the characteristics of the boiler, Parameters of operating Steam and water. At this...
hello! i have just read construction and working of DC motors & generators,and want to build concepts a little deeper,may i get any practical work based on above topics so...
I keep getting gobbledygook when I Swype. What’s up with that? Be sure to keep your finger pressed to the surface of your device through the letters of a complete...
Hi friends, Can anyone explain me about information fragmentation??
Hello This is the first time I am using this forum and I have taken due care to select appropriate category but even if I have selected wrong category, please...