Companies That Offer ESOP

offtopic😒

@Biggie : Can you mention some of the companies which provide ESOPs?

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Reya
    offtopic😒

What is an ESOP?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    What is an ESOP?
    ESOP is Employee Share Ownership Program. Typically startups offer shares to the employees along with salary. That is, if a startup company offers you say 0.10% of shares along with your salary - and the company is worth $10 million; then your shares are worth $10k. I personally know people who've become millionaires through ESOPs. 😀

Reya
    offtopic😒

I think most of the bigger companies like Infosys in India have ESOP. Not aware of startup companies that offer ESOP though.
    The_Big_K
    I think most of the bigger companies like Infosys in India have ESOP. Not aware of startup companies that offer ESOP though.
    My dad says, I am just an employee of my company, but he has some respectable amount of shares, as he's a shareholder. So, is getting share that way is it ESOP or is it different?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    My dad says, I am just an employee of my company, but he has some respectable amount of shares, as he's a shareholder. So, is getting share that way is it ESOP or is it different?
    I'm not too familiar with the ESOP scheme. But if the company offers the shares to its employees as a part of remuneration; then it's called ESOP. An outsider owning shares won't be considered under ESOP.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved the relevant posts to a new thread to discuss ESOP.
    The_Big_K
    Moved the relevant posts to a new thread to discuss ESOP.
    Okay... Lemme ask my HR Finance and get back to this discussion. 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Okay... Lemme ask my HR Finance and get back to this discussion. 😀
    Check your agreement or offer letter. It should have the details.
    The_Big_K
    Check your agreement or offer letter. It should have the details.
    No Biggie! Nothing about share or ESOP! 😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    No Biggie! Nothing about share or ESOP! 😔
    I believe they offer ESOP to employees who've spent certain number of years with the company or at a senior management level. But I'm just guessing.
    The_Big_K
    I believe they offer ESOP to employees who've spent certain number of years with the company or at a senior management level. But I'm just guessing.
    The best thing I can do is, as I said, I'll ask the Finance Dept tomorrow. 😀
  • vinci
    vinci
    i believe that small companies doesnt provide ESOP .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

All the active pedallers out there, also the biking enthusiasts, the Auto Expo has something in treat for you guys. The Trek Elite 9.9 SSL by Firefox Bikes. Made in...
The more innovative ideas always sell beter. Moscow has remembered this and has added a new feature to its winter festival to attract the tourists. They've come up with an...
Dubai never gets tired of trying new things. And here is another new project of theirs. They're gonna construct a Glass tunnel pedestrian link to connect Dubai Mall, the world’s...
London will not only show of it's new stadium this year during the London olympics 2012, it'll also get to show off a new cable car that will be opened...
The Saudi authorities have announced that the multi billion dollar Al Haramain Train project’s final phase will be signed soon. The project will be linking Makkah, Madinah and Jeddah. Read...