communication through internet

why is that when we mail someone the mail might reach him/her in few days but we chat with him /her its real time communication.. how come in chatting there is a continuous flow of data whereas in email there is a package transfer?? what is the technique involved??

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Sabrina Rajvansh
    why is that when we mail someone the mail might reach him/her in few days but we chat with him /her its real time communication.. how come in chatting there is a continuous flow of data whereas in email there is a package transfer?? what is the technique involved??
    as i know mail don't take a span of days it will reach on minutes depending on server fast
    if we chat it is directly linked with them and also there appears some mails in our id as spam or any other mail in our mailbox
  • Sabrina Rajvansh
    Sabrina Rajvansh
    my question is not related to the server speed it is related to the type of data transfer used in it... even if the server is slow the chatting takes place continuously but emails are not instant..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There is no difference. Chat messages do get delayed and get delivered to the inbox. Within a given mail server email gets delivered fast between servers there can be small delays.
    Please create a second test ID for yourself, send a test message to your other ID and check how fast you get it delivered.
  • Sabrina Rajvansh
    Sabrina Rajvansh
    Well thats not what i am asking about, i am asking about the modes of data transfer in communication.. we had an ISM on it in IEEE PEC club . Thanks anyway.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just read the term 'Green Engine'. Can someone tell me what exactly is a green engine and how does it function?
Firefox is coming soon to the tablets! Firefox for tablet offers many exciting features. Those who want to take a look, head over to: Firefox for Tablets « Ian Barlow
I'm asking a different question here - I want to know the reasons CEans think for not doing an MBA. Does MBA guarantee your dream job, money and status? What...
The campus placements season is on. We're getting lot of visitors who're looking for help on interviews, aptitude tests and so on. We already have several how to face interviews....
In terms of Broadband Wireless Networking, what are the roles of WIRELESS ANTENNAE/TRANSCEIVER, BROADBAND MODEM, HUB/SWITCH/ROUTER, HUB SITES and Also, their Relative positions. Please, Do help. I will be thankfull.