Common Gateway Interface (CGI) Explained

We often hear or read the term CGI while browsing across the web. What is it really?
Keeping first things first, we should know that "CGI" is a well accepted standard.
It is used for interfacing a server and external applications.
As we all know, originally web servers were used to serve static HTML pages & static files. But, web servers are usually installed on powerful computers. So, it makes sense to use their full potential by making them serve dynamic & more interesting web pages.

This is the reason why CGI Specifications were created.

[Thread to be continued..]

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why there is a difference in the rotation of blades in ceiling fan and table fan
Hey guys, what would be the shape of a stress strain curve for liquids?
what is the equation that governs the relationship between the speed of an automobile moving on the road and the speed of its prime mover? now to define my problem...
Name: Ankit Engineering Trade: Civil Location: Delhi Occupation: I am Civil Engineer in a Navratna PSU. Hobbies & Interests: Well it includes a huge list ๐Ÿ˜ but briefly i would...
Hi, I have a problem these days. I have a PC with two internet connection. Now I want to use both internet connection simultaneously. I want to use one connection...