common chat ping

hiiiii biggie i have a suggestion that we can view the common chat section in the forum page.when we switch into another page or if we don't scroll below to know who is whether participating in the chat.so if a user writes only first time in chat then it should be known whether some one is in that section by a signal on the others users screen and depending on that person interested in replying back to him/her can do that ..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @cooldudiet: The chat box we have on the forum home page is ajax powered. Chat applications are very server intensive and that's the reason they're available only for the logged in members and also on the forum front page.

Also, implementing the functionality you've mentioned is a bit complicated in our current setup.

However, your suggestion is good. Keep them coming! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, Let us discuss about some of the Interview questions based on C and C++. Here is my first question. 1) Can we pass arguments to main() in C....
Hi friends I would like to explore my knowledge on CIRCUIT,would you please give me some Books name. Thanks a lot.
hi, i am pavan from kanpur.i am studendt of b.tech c.s 3rd year.
Can anyone help me with a free link to download this software "paypal database hacker"
Agent Ransack (32-bit version) Version: 2010 Build 762 File Size: 3015 Agent Ransack allows you to create customized searches that go well beyond basic Windows searches. Its most powerful features...