combining solar and wind energies

We are planning for a project, where we are combining the powers generated from solar panels and wind turbine and feeding it to the load through the grid. Power can flow in and out of the grid, so that maximum power is taken from the alternate sources, but is also backed up by the grid, in case of shortage. Also, when the power from the alternate sources exceeds the consumption, the excess power is fed into the grid, so that the meter spins backwards and the E.B. bill gets reduced.
Our major project would be to tame the powers coming from both sources using a regulator, convert it into ac power using an inverter, and then feed it into the grid, before supplying it to the load.
As its a very large scale project, we are planning to simulate it. Kindly give us suggestions regarding the softwares which would best suit this project. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey Supri,

Why dont you go for 1 and a half circuit breaker scheme........
    When their is a Peak Load On GRID then only connect this other wise save this energy in batteries........

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • electronicsunzz
    electronicsunzz
    hi supri, you are using completely the electrical components so you no need to use software coding for your project. What is say is the project succeeds without using software programs. because you are working on AC of course DC too, but not digital so the procedure is like this
    1. you can convert the solar or wind power to AC by using an inverter.
    2. using a grid in between you have to connect a voltage regulator just before to the load.
    in this way you can you the power from SUN and WIND.
  • ibitechs2005
    ibitechs2005
    I have installed similar power system amd it worked fine in my contry,what i did in my project design was that i incorporate a comparator which senses the load requirements to switch an automatic contactor to the source that can deliver the power at that time.
  • siddarthan
    siddarthan
    could anyone expln more pls ?
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Check this out
    Comparator

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello New CE Members, Answers to most of the basic questions can be found in text-books and on the Internet. We encourage you not to ask for ready-made programs/codes or...
hi..every1. i need a help in creating foreign keys in phpmyadmin. here.. i have used phpmyadmin for creating database. in this i have created 2 tables- employee and department. employee...
Hi, I want to do my final year project in flash with actionscript programming ,plz post some project topics on this domain
hi.............i want to take an array of integers as input using command line arguments. how can i do it? and please tell me what are environment variables? are they related...
I have a doubt. c does not support function overloading. but if anyway we want to use it, how can we do it?