column releases above transfer beam

dear all,

If we have a concrete column being transfered at some level, is it a good assumption to pin the bottom of the column so it carries just axial load and no moment ?

i am having this case in a current project, the column is asking for too much reinforcement due to the moments that are occuring (i am having 4% under gravity load combinations).
I was thinking of affecting releases for this column and designing the slab that is being supported by thic column using a pinned connection.

Is it a good assumtion ?

Thanks and regards

Replies

• Nachko
    Nachko
    Yes, a very good assumption 😀
  • ron12
    ron12
    Lol, if you say so ! 😀
    What about the beam deflection carrying this column, i generally check the transfer members for L/500 in order not to settle since any excessive settlement of the planted column will affect the upper floors and will cause some moment reversal.
  • Nachko
    Nachko
    L/500 should be OK 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hie Engineers i'm planning to install a softphone in a picocontroller for my final year project... Is it possible? if possible, which PIC is the best for that? which is...
From the mail: Sixty and Going Strong​ (Translated from the original in Chinese)​ “There are 1000-year old trees in the mountain, but not many 100 year-old people” At the most,...
MY NAME IS PRADEEP KUMAR CHAUBEY,I HAVE COMPLETED B.TECH MECHANICAL ENGINEER.THIS WAS MY DREAM.SO TODAY I HAVE COMPLETED MY DREAMS.I WOULD LIKE TO THANKS GOD ANY MY PARENTS.
My message to everybody that help them who help in need; as it essential to see what person, in what situation what it like or dislike and after all what...
Hi iam vijaybalaji.i am doing my 3rd year b.tech degree.i am happy to join this community.