Colorful E-Ink Screens to Come Out

At the FPD International 2010 trade show in Tokyo, a Chinese company will unveil a color display using technology from E Ink, whose black-and-white displays are used in most of world’s e-readers like the Amazon Kindle & Sony Readers.

We know that devices like Apple iPad have a color screen. But it uses LCD.
E Ink screens are way better than LCD because they use less battery power and are readable even in the glare of direct sunlight. A disadvantage with using E-Ink Screens is that the colors appear to be a little faded and it does not support full motion video.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Chevening Rolls-Royce Science and Innovation Leadership Programme is a tailor-made programme for mid-career Indian professionals working in the fields of science, innovation, and related public administration. The foreign and...
Dear all, I am a newbie in ANSYS. I hope you are more familiar with ANSYS. So I wonder do you have any solution for the ANSYS problem that I...
Anybody can hold the helm when the sea is calm but at this Techfest, you will witness a sea full of competitions, which polishes and brings out knowledge, skills and...
Name: Sreelatha Location:India Engineering Trade:Computer Sceince Occupation: Software engineer Actually I come a cross to this CRAZY ENGINEERS while searching for the puzzels and all. Really feeling happy to know...
Hello all, We've a popular thread going on here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/chillax-chit-chat/37380-post-link-your-latest-blog-entry.html I regularly visit the links and want to comment (and I'm sure, many others as well!). However, I don't want...