College Or Engineering Discipline - Which Should Get Preference?

shud i prefer college over stream or stream over college.......for doing engineering

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    poojag
    shud i prefer college over stream or stream over college.......for doing engineering
    I faced the similar problem when I was about to enter engineering. I'll tell you what I did: I decided the disciplines I was the most interested in: Electronics & Electrical. I knew I had to be an engineer in either of these two disciplines because I loved everything electric! Then I was faced with choice of two colleges. One college would give me electronics and another would give me electrical.

I compared the courses and syllabus and found out that both these engineering disciplines shared common texbooks and subjects. So I decided to go with the college that offered me more opportunities and was more famous in the city.

In general, I'd *strongly* recommend you to go with the engineering discipline that is in-line with your likings. So, the answer is 'engineering stream/discipline should get more preference over college'.
  • poojag
    poojag
    The_Big_K
    I faced the similar problem when I was about to enter engineering. I'll tell you what I did: I decided the disciplines I was the most interested in: Electronics & Electrical. I knew I had to be an engineer in either of these two disciplines because I loved everything electric! Then I was faced with choice of two colleges. One college would give me electronics and another would give me electrical.

I compared the courses and syllabus and found out that both these engineering disciplines shared common texbooks and subjects. So I decided to go with the college that offered me more opportunities and was more famous in the city.

In general, I'd *strongly* recommend you to go with the engineering discipline that is in-line with your likings. So, the answer is 'engineering stream/discipline should get more preference over college'.
  • poojag
    poojag
    thank u so much sir its vry gr8 of u to hlp but sir i m not able to know which stream is in my intrest example i like permutations and combinations i like algebra and i love physics........but which branch has these as their base also sir i want a vry gud job in future so which branch will be gud ???? plz reply sir
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't think about the future just yet because no one knows what's going to be 'hot' in future. Engineering itself is enough to get you a job. But if you're not sure which discipline to pick up, then you'll have to do an aptitude check. I'll give you an exercise : -

1. Make a list of engineering disciplines available in your region or the colleges in which you're seeking admission.

2. Try to read Wikipedia articles about each of those engineering disciplines.

3. Find out what kind of roles these engineers play in organizations.

4. Envision yourself in those roles. Short-list the ones that you think you will love the most.

5. Post them here so that we can discuss and find a better engineering discipline for you.

Algebra and Physics is used in almost all the engineering disciplines. So it'd be difficult to tell. Just try to do the exercise and share your short-listed branches. We'll discuss it from there ๐Ÿ˜€ . All the best.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# We are glad you are asking the right questions well before joining the college. It is better to choose wisely than repenting later. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I sincerely believe that getting the branch of your choice is a better option. But be very sure about what you want. Do all the things that Biggie mentioned in the response above. Don't go for a posh college if you are not getting the stream of your choice. If you get both, you are the luckiest! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    poojag
    As I know some universities offer branch change after one year on basis of rank.Because 1st year is common for all branches.
    then you can choose college over stream , study hard and change your branch in second year.
    you can get information about your university, if they offer it or not.
  • poojag
    poojag
    thank u big k sir , anoop sir and abra ka dabra mam..thank u vry much for hlping me.................................but plz anyone of u will be so kind so as to provide me a list of colleges which require registration seprately despite of aieee......plz
  • poojag
    poojag
    ianoop
    As I know some universities offer branch change after one year on basis of rank.Because 1st year is common for all branches.
    then you can choose college over stream , study hard and change your branch in second year.
    you can get information about your university, if they offer it or not.
    thank u evryone for hlping me..............butplz can u provide me d list of colleges which come under aieee but require seprate registration............
  • poojag
    poojag
    The_Big_K
    Don't think about the future just yet because no one knows what's going to be 'hot' in future. Engineering itself is enough to get you a job. But if you're not sure which discipline to pick up, then you'll have to do an aptitude check. I'll give you an exercise : -

1. Make a list of engineering disciplines available in your region or the colleges in which you're seeking admission.

2. Try to read Wikipedia articles about each of those engineering disciplines.

3. Find out what kind of roles these engineers play in organizations.

4. Envision yourself in those roles. Short-list the ones that you think you will love the most.

5. Post them here so that we can discuss and find a better engineering discipline for you.

Algebra and Physics is used in almost all the engineering disciplines. So it'd be difficult to tell. Just try to do the exercise and share your short-listed branches. We'll discuss it from there ๐Ÿ˜€ . All the best.
    thank u evryone for hlping me..............butplz can u provide me d list of colleges which come under aieee but require seprate registration............โ€‹
  • poojag
    poojag
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-# We are glad you are asking the right questions well before joining the college. It is better to choose wisely than repenting later. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I sincerely believe that getting the branch of your choice is a better option. But be very sure about what you want. Do all the things that Biggie mentioned in the response above. Don't go for a posh college if you are not getting the stream of your choice. If you get both, you are the luckiest! ๐Ÿ˜
    thank u mam......................
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    poojag
    thank u evryone for hlping me..............butplz can u provide me d list of colleges which come under aieee but require seprate registration............โ€‹
    The exam pattern is changing from next year. Have you tried searching on Google yet?
  • poojag
    poojag
    The_Big_K
    The exam pattern is changing from next year. Have you tried searching on Google yet?
    yes sir i hv done so.but hav found nothing and sir i hav completed my class 12 dis year
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    poojag
    yes sir i hv done so.but hav found nothing and sir i hav completed my class 12 dis year
    If you're in 12th, AIEEE is not going to be applicable to you. Have you read this latest news? -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • poojag
    poojag
    sir i hv already givn my exams dis year
  • poojag
    poojag
    The_Big_K
    If you're in 12th, AIEEE is not going to be applicable to you. Have you read this latest news? -> #-Link-Snipped-#
    sir i hv givn exams dis year..............
  • PuneetVerma
    PuneetVerma
    ^^ It would be better if you first learn not to use chatting language in website..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i did my BE... now doing my ME in mechatronics... i'm searching for some good idea for doing ME project whic should be an preparatory for my Ph.D., in the...
now doing my ME in mechatronics... i'm searching for some good idea for doing ME project whic should be an preparatory for my Ph.D., in the field of PROCESS CONTROL>>>.......
Solar plant transmit power to Sub Stataion in Day Time 6.30 am to 7.00 pm,after 7.00 pm Solar Plant received power from Sub station by same transmission line up to...
I am working on some project, where user can retrieve facebook contacts into my webpage by providing their email id and password But unfortunately It is not working fine it...
Hey guys here after long time, can someone tell me which Post Graduate course will be best suited for me below are my details. 1. Currently in 3rd year Computer...