Cold war between opensource and closed source os

Its been a while where we always talked about android vs apple vs bb vs win8 but what would a customer expect from its manufacturer.To this competition a new contendor has has been here and its non other than "firefox os".
What would a developer expect from manufacturer?
Is this the success behind android over others?
In other view if we consider pc os its a complete reverse.People prefer windows over linux.
Whats your take?
I want the experts view on it.
Can firefox outbeat android?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Android is too much into the nerves of its users. They won't replace it. Plus it is not possible to turn around an entire class of android users. Firefox wont steal Android users simply. If there is new demand in the market, Firefox is likely to capture its share. But not on a large scale.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nayan Goenka
    Android is too much into the nerves of its users. They won't replace it. Plus it is not possible to turn around an entire class of android users. Firefox wont steal Android users simply. If there is new demand in the market, Firefox is likely to capture its share. But not on a large scale.
    Firefox had already produced truck loads of apps in its website.
    If I had phone with ff os I will try the apps nowitself but i have googles os which fulfill more than i expect.Its going to be tough for me to try ff.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    PS: I am not an expert so just my two cents

As long as there are competitors there will be OS wars in all platform So no point in telling which one will be better than the other

But still we can say that Android has a well established market atleast for another 3 years Lets see how other OS farce and then compare the performance on a larger scale

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I installed Windows 7 and then installed Ubuntu 12.04, every time computer was booting in windows 7. Then installed Ubuntu first and then Windows 7 same problem again.This problem never...
Hyundai Motor India Limited, the company that was recently in news for the launch of Hyundai Grand i10 is back at headlines to celebrate its 15th anniversary. With the launch...
Speedy transit has never got this crazier before and the role of HYPERLOOP is just to ensure a much crazier transit mode other than flying and driving This $ 6Billion...
Ever wondered what else can be done with electronics well here is one such crazy dit Here we are having a simple skin which has the potential to convert pressure...
5g Beam Scheme: Steerable millimetre-wave beams could enable multi-gigabit mobile connections.Phones at the edge of a 4G cell [blue] could use the beams to route signals around obstacles. Because the...