Cold drinks-trust them or not?

"Your favorite drink contains pesticides.","No need to be shocked if someone says you are drinking pesticides." etc. These are some of the headlines which filled up our tabloids and led headache to cola companies.Now, as it is said that this is not true and been proved by our Government also, do you really think that its true and the drinks contain nothing which can harm us or its bribe which has shut down our Government's mouth?

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    My opinion

Neha I think the drink contains Carbon Mono-oxide, which in itself is harmful than any other pesticide. So whether government clears the allegations on the drink or not, I am still averse to drink pepsi or coke.
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well nobody is unaware of the most talked about news of cold drinks containing pesticides. And everybody would now have a reason not to drink it but is everything that we consume perfect by all means???
    Cold drinks are the most popular drinks today specially for the youth. There is no counting how many bottles people consume everyday. On the whole, most of indian population is addicted to it. Now if this is the case, will anybody agree to the idea of abandoning their favourite drink? For those strict people who go by ethics of not consuming anything wrong, it might matter but not for those i suppose who relish fast food, junk food and all such food stuffs!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks to Neha for this topic!

I believe we need a reality check with the Soft Drinks. I'm not much aware of the composition of soft drinks. The only thing which I know is that they contain artifical chemicals & sugar.

While the soft drinks do not add any value to your health (do they?) it is a personal choice whether to consume a soft drink or not. Recent issue of high level of pesticides in soft drinks is however alarming.

I doubt the veracity of tests performed by Government. The soft drink companies of course have truckful of money. I will refrain from commenting further, use your conscience.

I do not like cola drinks anyways. 😀

-The Big K-
    p.s: Shall we move this thread to Debate Section?
    Thread moved to Debate Section!
  • crazy anoop
    crazy anoop
    ok brothers
    then what about the liquir ?
    what about toddy?
    well these all are harmfull and why shud we use these?

coz we like it

like that , it doesnt matter on colas, if we want just have it😕
  • crazy anoop
    crazy anoop
    In most of the places in india, even the drinking water is full of pesticides and polluted? what about that?

What about the coffee and tea avail in railway station.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You said it right. The same is true with Cigarettes & Coffee. They come into the "want" category.

Now people would go to any extent for the "wants". Let us confine the discussion to soft drinks. Is it not disheartning that young children consume those soft drinks? What are we taking our next generation to?

Do we have Chemical Engineers who could throw light on the composition of soft drinks?

-The Big K-
  • crazy anoop
    crazy anoop
    yaar
    if anybody wants it, let them have.
    We cannt prevent it on that sense. Coz we are also promoting various other mal goods, those with high fat contents, those with color addons, those with rubbish ingradiants, cigars,liquir,fast foods, we cant imagine a clean world

so make awareness and dont prevent them, it is the users who wants to stop it
  • AlameluKrishnan
    AlameluKrishnan
    Anything, be it cold drinks or liquor, if it is 'want' - then there is no pesticide in it and if it 'addiction' - then it is great. It is for people who thinks too much about all this and feel that these are bad habits - all these questions come up in mind.

I am also like Biggie and hate colas so no issues for me. The main advantage I got from this is my daughter and her friends has also started hating it which is good for me. So all birthdays with good old fruit juice or lime juice.

Ok Guys, back to work.
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well thats true that many people have abandoned consuming these aerated drinks. I too am one of those but still the percentage is only about 10%. Rest of the population still continues with it and when we don't think for a single second before going for other food stuffs which could be harmful for us equally, then why only cold drinks?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Even today we have these soft drinks with us and most of us are addicts too! Am sure that even after the past 7 years, this debate topic has not lost its relevance. What do you say folks?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Compared to the poison going into my body when I eat rice and drink the so called Mineral water I think this is very much below the safety limit

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, Lets take a poll on this. What do you think of the sequel of the Munna bhai movie? Well I must say that this is one great movie and...
Hello CEans! Please be informed that the Chit Chat section will undergo timely cleanup from now onwards. Following are the types of threads which will be removed once they are...
Hello Regular CEans! CE Forum is growing & we have started getting good content. Being regular CEans, it is in our hands where we take this forum. I'd like to...
I am going to introduce a new game after a long time.Hope you people like it. Here are the rules: 1. Post some randomly selected letters. 2. Create a sentence...
is there any open source projects by the CEians? I wish to join with them