Coherent detector in DSSS

Hiiii alll,

Why must we use a coherent detector in direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) system? And is there possibility of us using other types of modulator and demodulator other then BPSK? Why must use BPSK modulator in DSSS?

Thank you...

Replies

• Vila
    Vila
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hiiii all,

Why must we use a coherent detector in direct sequence spread spectrum (DSSS) system? Also why must specifically use BPSK modulator in DSSS? And is there possibility of us using other types of modulator and demodulator other then BPSK?
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Thank you...[/FONT]
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    coherent detector is used to sysncronize the DSSS signals in a particular direction.Binary PSK is used in DSSS to manipulate the signal direction/phase shift.Other than BPSK ,we cant use any other form of Mod /demod.
    Regards,
    J2R
  • Vila
    Vila
    [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Hiiii all

Where is Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) used?? I mean the application of DSSS.

Thank you.....
    [/FONT]
  • Vila
    Vila
    Hiiiii sir,

Thanks for the explaination. What actually an interleaver does? Why it scrambles the order of data sequence? And why we need it in an anti jam communication system?

Thank you.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    interleaver desync the order of data send/recieve in a communication system & to do such it must be in an anti jam condt. to fulfill its rerquirement as jamming can trigger to deorder or demod the interleaver functionality.
    Regards,
    J2R

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a simple guide to crashing Mighty Google's Chrome ๐Ÿ˜ 1. Start Google Chrome. 2. In the address bar, type :% Watch Chrome Crash ๐Ÿ˜ Bruwahahahah ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Mutual funds are back in market but I need some sources to get regular information about best mutual funds and portfolio managers. Though my newspaper gives details about it but...
HI FRNDS, i am in 7th sem of my engineering and i need help regarding my project..can anyone suggest me any project on cnc machines,,..
hi, friends..i m anand i like to disscuss one question wit u all...... Let us assume a closed container of any size having the pressure 'P'. If a small hole...
Hi there, This is my first post on the forums (hello all!) and I have a theoretical question that's been bugging me - I'm really hoping somebody here might be...