Coffee or Tea - which could help do more work?

Hi Folks,

I'm sure that most of us folks are addicted to certain things in life. Of a few, hot cups of beverages have become our daily habits since long ago. While kids are given Milk to drink, adults insist on drinking caffeine enriched drinks - of which coffee and sometimes tea are great parts. Be it office, school or just daily life, we're often accustomed to these beverages.

So - tell me - what would you prefer Tea or Coffee - any why?

Which of these do you think is best for enriching yourself to do more work?

Discuss!

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Not a 'debate topic'. Moving to chit-chat section.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    One of the major sources of caffeine chemical is from tea waste. I actually set up an industrial process for this in the Nilgiris for a friend that owns a major tea estate long time back. A very interesting chemical engineering process. The residue left after extraction was burnt in a boiler to produce all the heat needed for the project.

Decaffeinated coffee also produces caffeine as a byproduct.

Both coffee and tea owe their energising activity to caffeine. This also puts off sleep.

In my student days and early career years my diet was mainly gas phase (200 cigarettes/day) and liquid (17 to 18 cups of coffee. Very little solids. I strongly dissuade any youngster from trying this atrocious regimen.

I now limit my coffee to four a day and tea to another four.
    Both coffee and tea may have some beneficial effect because of anti oxidants.

I do not drink either after 7 pm as both are diuretics and make me get up too often at night.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Dude where is Bournvita??
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    A.V.Ramani
    In my student days and early career years my diet was mainly gas phase (200 cigarettes/day) and liquid (17 to 18 cups of coffee. Very little solids. I strongly dissuade any youngster from trying this atrocious regimen.

What?๐Ÿ˜จ 200 cigarettes/day? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ How?
    With all due respect and absolutely no offence to you sir, I would like to ask how did you manage that? I am a non-smoker, but I pondered over this a bit. Please pardon me if I am not correct.

1 day = 1440 minutes.
    1 cigarette lasts for approximately 5 minutes while someone smokes it.
    Number of cigarettes one can smoke at this rate = 1440/5 = 288, that too if one smokes non-stop, and even during sleeping hours maybe. The other possibility of being able to smoke as many cigarettes is that a person smokes multiple cigarettes simultaneously.

I am unable to grasp this sir. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The cigarettes in the 60s did not have a filter. They were not king size. I used to smoke even while eating. I was a complete addict without any pleasure from smoking. It was a habit like breathing. I used to get up from sleep just to smoke a few before going back to sleep. I was probably the only one who used a 5 litre Pyrex bowl as an ash tray.

It was a horrifying addiction for ten years. I stopped in 1967 and never smoked again.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As you know coffee contains caffiene which helps to stimulate central nervous system and it was a natural pesticide and kill any insects which feed over it.
    Caffeine is a stimulant drug but too much of caffeine can addict yourself.

I drink drug (sorry coffee).
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    A.V.Ramani
    The cigarettes in the 60s did not have a filter. They were not king size. I used to smoke even while eating. I was a complete addict without any pleasure from smoking. It was a habit like breathing. I used to get up from sleep just to smoke a few before going back to sleep. I was probably the only one who used a 5 litre Pyrex bowl as an ash tray.

It was a horrifying addiction for ten years. I stopped in 1967 and never smoked again.

Its heartening to know that you have been able to overcome the addiction. Kudos to you sir. You are an inspiration to all who want to give up any such addiction. Glad to have you guiding us. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    When I joined the IT industry, I was fascinated by the free coffee offered to all the employees. I confess that was the reason I almost got addicted to coffee. Of course for me, 4 cups of coffee every day was an addiction for me.

I got rid of that habit consciously to zero cups of caffeine daily. The next and the only addiction I want to get rid off is tea.

I don't need tea or coffee to get refreshed at work. I'd rather play something on my guitar and get back to work in the next 10 minutes.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have Boost or Bournvita with hot milk during snacks time. But I don't think I need any drink to boost my productivity. I just need someone to talk to every couple of hours. If the company is good, work gets done in a jiffy.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    At least you can say freely, "Boost is the secret of my energy". It sounds cool but I like Bournvita anyways. Boost doesn't taste good plus Bournvita is like drink of Legends.
  • lokesh123
    lokesh123
    Hi,
    I personally felt Tea is good comparing with coffee..It gives the confidence of being active and one of the best refreshment drink..I am addicted to Tea and like very much..
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Vicodin's like Red-bull, I take two twice at five & I get high as kite again. ๐Ÿ˜
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Drinking something to improve productivity... I think it is not possible in short span of time (unless u are thinking crazy ๐Ÿ˜‰) but if u want to work till late night without sleep, coffee definitely helps ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

does plastic and concrete bonds together??
Hi Folks, I am a huge fan of sweets and often have a bite right after a meal. I would like to know how many of you do the same....
would you like please to explain the difference between synchronous and asynchronous interruptions? Thanks in advance
Hey guys, I have an unusual question in my mind and I think you all will think I am a crack after it. Fire- One element of nature. Power to...
Yes we need an urgent discussion on this topic.Are we posting quality threads? or we just wasting time by posting unrelated topics and give more time to other fields tgan...