CNN Wrongly Criticizes Toyota!

CNN perhaps doesn't know the standards at which Toyota engineers its cars. Or say, the author does not know the way engineering functions.

In its recent article, it CNN says, that the vehicle can unintentionally accelerate even when the driver is not pressing any accelerator. The real story is that the Japanese automajor was simulating the effect of its system failure and how the car can take control of the situation in milliseconds.

Perhaps, CNN should stop reporting wrong news.

Here is its article Experts: Translated Toyota memo shows electronic acceleration concern | CNN

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Issue
    CNN perhaps doesn't know the standards at which Toyota engineers its cars. Or say, the author does not know the way engineering functions.

In its recent article, it CNN says, that the vehicle can unintentionally accelerate even when the driver is not pressing any accelerator. The real story is that the Japanese automajor was simulating the effect of its system failure and how the car can take control of the situation in milliseconds.

Perhaps, CNN should stop reporting wrong news.

Here is its article Experts: Translated Toyota memo shows electronic acceleration concern | CNN
    What was the after-effect of this?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    What was the after-effect of this?
    It appears to be an error on CNN's part while translating the official Japanese version paper released by Toyota to English.

If anyone understands how the failure testing is done for automobiles, he/ she would have double checked before airing their views. If the rumors are true, then some money minded lawyers had goofed up the story to make a false case on Toyota under the pretext of customer safety.

I read David Fitzpatrick and Drew Griffin of CNN on a regular basis. I only wish that they do not commit blunders while reporting for CNN. I think only the usual legal stuff would happen and CNN will have to say sorry for insulting Toyota cars publicly.
    Issue
    It appears to be an error on CNN's part while translating the official Japanese version paper released by Toyota to English.

If anyone understands how the failure testing is done for automobiles, he/ she would have double checked before airing their views. If the rumors are true, then some money minded lawyers had goofed up the story to make a false case on Toyota under the pretext of customer safety.

I read David Fitzpatrick and Drew Griffin of CNN on a regular basis. I only wish that they do not commit blunders while reporting for CNN. I think only the usual legal stuff would happen and CNN will have to say sorry for insulting Toyota cars publicly.
    If it was an accident, they can issue a sorry note to Toyota publicly which needs no legal action right. Will they still take a legal action even after issuing a public sorry note?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Praveen-Kumar
    If it was an accident, they can issue a sorry note to Toyota publicly which needs no legal action right. Will they still take a legal action even after issuing a public sorry note?
    Don't know. But check the CNN article mentioned in post #1. The blog is really making a lot of money!
    Issue
    Don't know. But check the CNN article mentioned in post #1. The blog is really making a lot of money!
    Wow! Cool! Will check... 😀 😎

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Windows 8 is going to be 'one OS' to rule all the platforms. But Windows registry shows that the OS will ship in 9 different flavors :- Windows 8 Starter...
Hi, i m working on a fully equipped spybot cum all terrain surveillance robo. But i am really facing some trouble in deciding the scheme to mobilize it. I want...
Engineers (even CEans) are leary of engines that seem to violate the laws of thermodynamics. Here is an example of a working wind driven vehicle that travels down wind faster...
"Inductors are large and bulky,and they cant be much improved regarding their size and weight!" Very true indeed!!!! But guess what we can replace an inductor and simulate its function...
Useful Run Commands For Windows XP​ ​​ Here is a list of commands that you can run off from the Run Command prompt in XP: Program Run Command Accessibility Controls...