.cn Domain DDOS Attack Was 'Massive' - Says Chinese Government

Government of China has said that majority of the .cn domain were under DDOS (Distributed Deinal Of Service) attack on Sunday. The attack was targeted at the '.cn' domains - which indicates Chinese domains. According to Chinese officials, the attack was the biggest attack ever on Chinese websites. It began at about 2 AM on Sunday and got more intense at about 4 AM, reported China Internet Network Information Center. CloudFlare, a company that provides security and performance services to websites reported that the attack was aimed at registry that lets users access the .cn domains.

chinese-hack
Image Credit: FoxNews
โ€‹
When the attack was in progress, the websites were inaccessible. The company observed about 32% drop across Chinese websites.What this attack proves is how susceptible Internet networks are to such type of attacks. What do you think?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    What will be the motive behind the attack?
    As I have little knowledge in cs department please explain it.
    Is this a hackers job of attacking websites and what will be the profit behind it?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    No offense to the chinese, but speaking freely on the skill of the attackers, it was not an easy one. Targeting the entire .cn domain pool is not easy and it needs a BIG resource. It was an excellent use of brains. anyways, it stopped now I guess.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    google palestine has been hacked now by palestinian hackers. Reason: google maps showed Palestine as part of Israel ๐Ÿ˜›
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    I am amazed that the internet has remained as free and useful and effective as it has for so long. But it's a potent tool for mischief, crime, tyranny and cyberwar for those so inclined. So the fact that it remains as good as it is. is testimony that there a LOT of talented people committed to making it work.

Here's to everyone that make the internet work! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it'll always be a game of 'good' vs. 'bad'. But what these attacks shout in our ears is that we need better security mechanisms. Hackers will definitely find their way through the security; which means it's going to be a continuous chase for more.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the exact difference between time delay and dead time of any process.
Soon after the leak of Apple's upcoming iPhone event on September 10, the rumors that the next version of the popular tablet / mobile operating system from Apple began spreading...
We'd like to begin this article by warning the brand new Galaxy S4, Note owners that this update will make your phone / phablet outdated. While you are busy boasting...
As I came across Social networking sites One question that disturbs me a lot is that it is right to use social networking sites for the sake of ads?.A recent...
Yesterday when i was in class on "vehicle body engineering" my sir explained on the advantage of having engine at front .The question i have is that we had discussed...