CrazyEngineers
  • Government of China has said that majority of the .cn domain were under DDOS (Distributed Deinal Of Service) attack on Sunday. The attack was targeted at the '.cn' domains - which indicates Chinese domains. According to Chinese officials, the attack was the biggest attack ever on Chinese websites. It began at about 2 AM on Sunday and got more intense at about 4 AM, reported China Internet Network Information Center. CloudFlare, a company that provides security and performance services to websites reported that the attack was aimed at registry that lets users access the .cn domains.

chinese-hack
    Image Credit: FoxNews
    When the attack was in progress, the websites were inaccessible. The company observed about 32% drop across Chinese websites.What this attack proves is how susceptible Internet networks are to such type of attacks. What do you think?

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberAug 26, 2013

What will be the motive behind the attack?
    As I have little knowledge in cs department please explain it.
    Is this a hackers job of attacking websites and what will be the profit behind it?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberAug 26, 2013

No offense to the chinese, but speaking freely on the skill of the attackers, it was not an easy one. Targeting the entire .cn domain pool is not easy and it needs a BIG resource. It was an excellent use of brains. anyways, it stopped now I guess.
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberAug 26, 2013

google palestine has been hacked now by palestinian hackers. Reason: google maps showed Palestine as part of Israel 😛
    Cancel
  • KenJackson

MemberAug 27, 2013

I am amazed that the internet has remained as free and useful and effective as it has for so long. But it's a potent tool for mischief, crime, tyranny and cyberwar for those so inclined. So the fact that it remains as good as it is. is testimony that there a LOT of talented people committed to making it work.

Here's to everyone that make the internet work! 👍 👍 👍
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorAug 27, 2013

I think it'll always be a game of 'good' vs. 'bad'. But what these attacks shout in our ears is that we need better security mechanisms. Hackers will definitely find their way through the security; which means it's going to be a continuous chase for more.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register