CMS:: Joomla vs Typo3

which is better out of joomla and typo3?
which server is the most compatible with them?
would i still be requiring the xampp package??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Jatin :

It boils down to what your expectations from the CMS are - that is, what do you want your CMS to do?

Joomla and Typo3 - both are advanced CMS systems. Joomla is more popular and has won best OS CMS awards. TYPO3, the last time I heard, is bit tricky to configure.

If you must choose between Joomla and Typo3, I'd suggest Joomla. They've got pretty large number of modules available for free; also you'll excellent themes for free or at very affordable rates. The themes can be customized with little knowledge of CSS.

However, the decision should be made based on your server capabilities. Most of the modern web hosts provide one click install of CMS. You might want to check in the cPanel of your web-host.

Typo3 requirements are as below:

Operating System: Unix (e.g. Linux), Windows or Mac
    Web server: Web server Apache, IIS
    Middleware: PHP4
    Database, core system: MySQL
    Database, user extensions: Support for Oracle, MS-SQL, ODBC, LDAP - virtually any external data source. Achieved through PHP4.
    Hardware: A normal web server setup will do, with some modern CPU and at least 256 MB of RAM. As with all database-driven applications, more RAM is advisable.

Joomla Requires:

PHP 4.3.10
    MySQL 3.23.x or above
    Apache 1.3 or above

XAMPP is useful for server simulation on your own desktop. It's always recommended that you try the things first on your desktop and then on the live server. It can save you lot of time (and money)!

PS: Thread moved to General Help section.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We've a huge number of wannabe entrepreneurs who are currently working with good companies. Do you think the recession is the right time to quit your job and start...
Tell me the names of IT companies in chandigarh or in mohali ,India that help me to work on live projects in ASP.Net.
Give Guidance Preparing for GATE exam.
Wouldn't you know it? That leaked Garmin Oregon 500 is indeed a real, bona fide product, and it's on sale now for argonauts over in the UK. The outdoorsy navigator...
Can any one explain me about 'how the Two level hand-off algorithm is used in delaying a hand-off'?