Clear Apti!!

I have not attended any placement drive which does not have aptitude. Although i strongly feel it should not be so.
I mean there can be times when some people are lucky enough to mark the correct option for a question or not lucky enough to miss it all the time.
its totally on your luck + practice.
And in my view it should be like writing down the correct answer rather than ticking one of the options.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    roooooohi
    I have not attended any placement drive which does not have aptitude. Although i strongly feel it should not be so.
    I mean there can be times when some people are lucky enough to mark the correct option for a question or not lucky enough to miss it all the time.
    its totally on your luck + practice.
    And in my view it should be like writing down the correct answer rather than ticking one of the options.
    Yes. So how could we help you ?
  • roooooohi
    roooooohi
    By supporting me here or else making me understand that i am wrong.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    roooooohi
    I can tell you that in my times, I cracked the aptitude purely on the basis of hours of practice. Just ensured that the 'luck' felt jealous of 'practice'.
  • roooooohi
    roooooohi
    Me too.
    but i find it a little unfair.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    roooooohi
    Me too.
    Nope. You can have argument on whether 'apti' is the right way to conduct entrance test. But cracking an apti is a function of practice.
  • roooooohi
    roooooohi
    ok but there are times when you guess the answer and yes i don't doubt that you cleared it by practicing.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    roooooohi
    I mean there can be times when some people are lucky enough to mark the correct option for a quest
    roooooohi
    Me too.
    Unfair, huh, Trust me when I tell u this: it is not luck
    Those people call it luck, but the truth is, back in day they have worked so hard that they are getting the fruits of those labor today, and they have forgotten the hardwork they did, and call it luck now.
    Guessing is not simple as it sounds (unless u are closing eyes and ticking 😉 ), Sometime u are using the knowledge gained by your sub conscious, ( u have a gut feeling that it is correct as ur subconscious remembers it), Sometimes u may eliminate wrong options and then take guess, but that also needs at least some knowledge.

To summarise
    Luck = shot in dark (mostly miss, rarely hit)
    Practice = success is ensured 😀
    So don't feel jealous, feel pity on those who are riding on luck as they don't know when they may fall.
    Be positive, Be Happy 😁
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# your argument dissipates in thin air when the aptitude test has negative marking. That is the correct way of eliminating the luck factor out. Besides, writing down and answer (I suppose you meant arriving at the answer), needs you to exact out the calculations involved. Many a times, having an answer in the ball-park is all that is required to be known. Arriving at the answer might require you to know all the intermediate formulae which is unfair to those who cannot remember formulae (or cannot rote-learn).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For some reason (which I don't agree with) IT companies in India have accepted aptitude tests as the first round of elimination. Why? Because it's easier to conduct, takes very less time to conduct and get results and ensures the basic level of smartness in the selected candidates. Everyone knows that you 'CAN' be lucky in aptitude tests but there are higher changes that you will be filtered out in the subsequent rounds of selection process.

I've been through the process and have been on the both sides so I know how it works. Think of it: You're going to hire 10 candidates and there are 500 applicants. How do you know which ones to call for interview? If they're made to write lengthy answers - it's going to take days to correctly evaluate candidates. Not a very practical solution, right?

The key to cracking aptitude tests is to be smart. You don't have to 'solve' the questions; but just eliminate the wrong answers and make a very smart guess about the right one. If you can master this technique, you will solve any aptitude test in 50% of the time it normally takes. I've seen this technique being used by those who cracked CAT, GRE, GMAT and aptitude tests. Trust me, the technique can be developed through practice. The good thing is that, it's not as difficult as it looks.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The latest Celkon Mobiles smartphone is being promoted as the cheapest selfie phone. Running on Android v4.4.2 (KitKat) operating system, the Celkon Millennia ME Q54 smartphone is powered by a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project idea is to provide medical details for past reference of patients medical details to his future generation along with the predication of diseases...
As we see daily there is news of some big brands getting hacked,no matter how much security they add ,Any of big hacking groups manage to hack them i.e. thepiratebay...
After the launch of Iris X1 Grand, Iris X1 Mini and Iris Alfa smartphones in January, the Indian smartphone maker company, Lava International Ltd., has unveiled Lava Iris X8 as...
Project Abstract / Summary : Automatic weighting system for LPG cylinder to monitor and report to the booking office We proposed a project tittled as “automatic weighting system for LPG...