Classics

Are there any fans of old classic movies(any language) here. I am a big fan and would love to hear from others who share the same interest.
Keep Posting ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I like a lot of classic movies both hollywood & some bollywood.

top faves:

Captain's couragous-great story and acting by the kid & Spencer Tracy as a Cape Cod fisherman

Boystown-based on a true story. Again Spencer Tracy shines as father Flannigan

the thin man series- mystery/detective & comedy rolled up into one, fabulous! gave us the line "I think I'll get out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini"

African queen- great acting by two of the best Bogart & Hepburn

maltese falcon-another great whodunit with Bogart

12 angry men-Henry Fonda at his best, filmed almost entirely in one room, good moral delima

His girl friday- funny as can be, Cary Grant is suave & the one liner zingers!

Mother India-classic Bollywood film with all emotions packed into one flick
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hey! Count me in. I've been thinking about this since long, but never posted ๐Ÿ˜ , please post all your favorite classics in this thread and I'll make sure I'll watch them in my lifetime ๐Ÿ˜
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Godfather triology my best

A lot of arabic movies & more to tell soon ๐Ÿ˜
  • gohm
    gohm
    The first Godfather was really good, did't care much for the other two. I hope it isn't a classic yet, it was made in my life time! =)
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    The first & the second are the greatest & they're classics from my prespective ๐Ÿ˜ In the 70s, the third one in 1990 in my life time ๐Ÿ˜
  • suyash
    suyash
    The_Big_K
    Hey! Count me in. I've been thinking about this since long, but never posted ๐Ÿ˜ , please post all your favorite classics in this thread and I'll make sure I'll watch them in my lifetime ๐Ÿ˜
    following are some of the all time classics that I've loved to watch (mainly from hollywood).. I guess u must have watched the hindi classics already (mainly sholay, deewar etc)

godfather triology
    Heat [1995]
    casablanca [1942]
    citizen kane [1941]
    for a few dollars more [1965]
    goodfellas [1990]
    how the west was won [1963]
    once upon a time in america [1984]
    to kill a mocking bird [1957] (but the book version is better !!)
    scarface [1983]
    scent of a woman
    schindlers list [1993] (not advisable for germans !)

can you believe that I've actually mentioned watching movies as a hobby in my resume !! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great! Btw, Casablanca : I guess it has the song "I thought I fell in love with you, watching casablanca.." (not sure if the words are right) . Right?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Some movies from my collection
    Lawrence of Arabia
    They Call Me Trinity (a spaghetti western)
    Mackena's Gold
    Dirty Dozen
    Patton
    Where Eagles Dare
    Doctor Zhivago
    Ben Hur
    James Bond Collection
    Godfather 1,2,3
    Tora Tora Tora
    Guns of Navarone
    Sound of Music
    The Good The Bad and The Ugly
    A Tail of Two Cities
    Ivanhoe
    The 10 Commandments
    Its a Mad Mad Mad World
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
    and
    The Great Escape
    Hope you enjoy them Biggie :myparty:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Oh Yeh!

But looking at my schedule, I guess I'll have to include that in my post-retirement activities ๐Ÿ˜”

Meh! But keep the titles come in.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Raj-

the good, the bad & the Ugly is a awesome spaghetti western. Though they are not classic yet, I also like the Pink Panther series(slapstick Peter Sellers comedy as inspector), The Party(again Peter Sellers destroying a Hollywood director's house party), Charlie & the chocolate factory- based on a great children's book. Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka is amazing, great songs as well. (plus anything else Gene Wilder has done), the Jerk(standard Steve Martin slapstick comedy) & Fiddler on the Roof(great musical about a village Jewish community in pre-bolshevik revolution Russia & a fine example of MGM in the musical heyday era where Bollywood took some cues from. Topol is wonderful as the lead role)
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    raj87verma88
    Some movies from my collection
    Lawrence of Arabia
    They Call Me Trinity (a spaghetti western)
    Mackena's Gold
    Dirty Dozen
    Patton
    Where Eagles Dare
    Doctor Zhivago
    Ben Hur
    James Bond Collection
    Godfather 1,2,3
    Tora Tora Tora
    Guns of Navarone
    Sound of Music
    The Good The Bad and The Ugly
    A Tail of Two Cities
    Ivanhoe
    The 10 Commandments
    Its a Mad Mad Mad World
    Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
    and
    The Great Escape
    Hope you enjoy them Biggie :myparty:
    Omar Sharif fan ๐Ÿ˜€?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Omar Sharif is a good actor, i have only seen his two movies
    In the current age i like the acting and roles of Johnny Depp and Leonardo da Caprio.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You guys haven't been touched by a "classic" until you've watched:
    The Seven Samurai, by Akira Kurosawa.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "2001: A Space Odyssey" yet ๐Ÿ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    2001 was a good flick, however not his best. Another one I left out was Dr. Strangelove, also a good movie. very funny with a dark look at warfare.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    hmm, I guess instead of just posting the names (although its good!) how about sharing what you liked about the movie?
  • gohm
    gohm
    OK Biggie, you got it! Went back and added some info. You are right that makes more sense than just listing names.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The latest movie i watched was The Lawrence of Arabia. Great acting by both Omar Sharif and Peter O'Toole. The rest are also marvelous. The direction is pretty good.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    2001 was a good flick, however not his best. Another one I left out was Dr. Strangelove, also a good movie. very funny with a dark look at warfare.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Gohm, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

raj87verma88
    The latest movie i watched was The Lawrence of Arabia. Great acting by both Omar Sharif and Peter O'Toole. The rest are also marvelous. The direction is pretty good.
    Yes, I second that
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ash-

I'll see your hollywood A.I. and raise you one of these...

[โ€‹IMG]

All sizes | From Short Circuit 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  • gauravtiwari89
    gauravtiwari89
    ash
    You guys haven't been touched by a "classic" until you've watched:
    The Seven Samurai, by Akira Kurosawa.
    I agree with ash , an absolute classic movie.
    About others

-Strangers on a train
    -North by Northwest
    -Goldfinger
    -Guide(the one with devanand)
    -Blade Runner
    -Apocalypse Now(My Absolute Fav)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, I thought you may be interested in learning about forex trading... Forex Trading eBook Titles: - Forex for n00bs - Forex Trading Basics - Advanced Forex Trading Ideas...
i have to design a 2 stage reduction gearbox. helical gear to be used in the first stage and spur to be used in the second stage.... i need names...
hi, im an electronics and communication engineer...i have completed my graduation and due to my low percent (lower a bit than 60)..i do not compete through campus...now i need sm...
hey guys..help me out. i'm a mechanical engineering student using linux(ubuntu 7.10) and i need to install a 3-D modeling software. please suggest a good open source software. also, i...
Who can recognize more people ๐Ÿ˜€ EDIT:: Actually they're 102 not 105