Civil engineering branch is the best (or not)?

I am taking civil in btech first year 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ - let me tell you, Electrical Engineering is the best branch in the world! ? . I'm a proud electrical engineer!

Jokes apart, how do we determine which is the best engineering branch out there? Each is different and the world needs each type of engineer. Civil engineering is awesome and no one has any doubt about it. If you love buildings, constructions - you'll be a successful Civil engineer. 

PS: I'm an electrical engineer who works as a computer engineer. Just concentrate on the art and science of engineering and enjoy your studies. That's the only thing that matters, in my opinion. 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

This is a strange question. #-Link-Snipped-#‍ what you are asking for is a very broad question. Would you like to highlight why you chose Civil Engineering branch? What attracted you towards it? Was it the course, the curriculum or the job prospects/career opportunities or something else?

• Pavan Kumar
    Pavan Kumar

I am confused about taking which Branch in btech

• shameer ariff
    shameer ariff

Any core engineering like civil, electrical, mechanical are evergreen, Here the growth will be gradual and steady but where as like IT it is all a boom.  

For safe and comfortable life core engineering was more advised.

• Pavan Kumar
    Pavan Kumar

Thank you 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Most other branch engineers will be quite uncivil and defend their turf except perhaps us ChemEs, who are considered sort of outcasts. Our area requires all branches of engineering except aerospace perhaps. 

Civil engineering is needed not just for houses. Dams, canals, reservoirs, earthquake proof structures, special structures for aerospace and defence, chemical plants and much more. New materials like fibre reinforced for load bearing, new processes for 3D printing of houses complete with furniture are all making Civil Engineering an exciting field to be in.

• Amol Agarwal
    Amol Agarwal

Hi ‍Pavan! I can understand your dilemma. See, no branch is best. All are equally important. I would suggest you take civil only if you are getting a good college(IITs, NITs ) only. There are no(or negligible) placements for civil in a majority of colleges. And if you are hell-bent on taking civil even in a normal college, start preparing for GATE and other government exams right from the second year. Remember that in the end, however good or interested you may be in your branch, placements do matter a lot if you do not wish to take up higher studies. But a majority of us realize this only in the final year so consider my advice seriously.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've been using Slack for internal communication and it works really well. I'd say it's helped us cut down on our internal emails by almost 50%. Can you share your...
How can anyone get into the universities like - National University Of Singapore or Nanyang Technological University.What is the procedure, eligibility criteria and why they are so famous? Let us...
Want to work on Laravel- World's #1 for PHP development framework platform but don't know how to install its development environment- Valet on Windows 10 machine?Well, then here you can...
hello...! i am a b.tech graduate with 60% in mechanical engineering..i have more interest in automotive designing field for that i have to do automotive design or industrial design in...