Civil engineer career guidance

Hello everyone.
This is nikhil. i'm glad to be part of crazyengineers here. i completed my civil engineering in dec 2014. i got no job till now. I'm from Hyderabad. I worked under few civil contractors for 8000-10000/- . I'm looking for good job in civil. But i could not find the sources.
I wanted to know the future of civil engineers in our India i don't know but many people say me that civil engineers have no growth in private sector. They we cannot earn much working in private sector and there will be no guarantee of job or settlement in this field. But I chose civil because i'm passionate about it. I know someday I could answer them all and that civil is the best and i made my choice correct.
So please guide what course should i do further to get a good job and which way can i have my career ahead. What are the opportunities i"ve ahead as a civil engineer. Should i try for govt jobs or should i choose to do some courses like landscaping. Where can i improve my talents and skills to pursue a career that can satisfy me and live a passionate life as a civil engineer?

I've posted this in many place over the internet. But i haven't got any solutions. I hope i'll find some real answers here. Please help me guys.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    P.Nikhil Mohan
    I wanted to know the future of civil engineers in our India i don't know but many people say me that civil engineers have no growth in private sector.
    There will never be any concrete answers to what you want to know. In general, skilled and talented engineers will always have a bright future in whatever domain they venture into.

P.Nikhil Mohan
    So please guide what course should i do further to get a good job and which way can i have my career ahead
    The first thing to do is to 'define' what a good job is - especially, in what sub-domain of Civil Engineering. No one in the world can determine what'd be a good job for you. If you find 'landscaping' as something you can do well in; go for it. If you become good at it, you will find a job. Also, you might want to start with a small company that helps you grow your skills-set. Look at your career as a long term game; where you compromise on a few things first for larger gains in the longer run.

Whether you start with a Government job or a private company or even start on your own - you should find the 'right' opportunity first and then make the most out of it. Also, do NOT depend upon the recruiter to teach and train you or throw challenging work at you. You will have to find that out on your own.
  • P.Nikhil Mohan
    P.Nikhil Mohan
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# for answering my question.
    I'm very much interested in interior designing. And for that I honestly admit i don't have that skills. But I would love to follow to my passion. I'll put my best to learn everything.
    can you please suggest any online sources to get started with?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, my name is Alex, I'm an Aerospace Engineer from Italy and I am joining CE since I notices it has a lot of interesting discussion in the forum...
Hi all, I just wanted to share with you few words about CONSELF, an Italian company that operates in the CFD Software world. CONSELF provides a Cloud CFD based on...
The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA), US R&D department of Defense, is determined to develop an implantable neural interface that would act as a bridge between minds of soldiers...
Hi is can a Manual Tester become a Penetration Tester or is it only achievable for someone who has been a network engineer or network security engineer ? If yes...
Hello! Guys I try to find this concept of the data compression method and had a got the idea on two of the Lossless Compression Methods, Lossy Compression Methods, but...