CISCO is divorcing Linksys - Why?

The networking giant CISCO is getting ready to offload Linksys - maker of networking related products which is acquired for ~$500 million back in 2003. The company is said to have hired Barclays to manage the sale.

According to Bloomberg, CISCO is getting ready to expand into corporate networking more and wants to get rid of the home-networking products division.

I'm a bit surprised by the move why CISCO is doing when my personal 'guess' is that the networking business is going to grow in near future multi-folds.

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I am not sure how authenticated the news is, but as what I see, networking will bloom but more on the cloud front, so cisco will try investing and getting into cloud mode rather than hang around with wireless modems , also I dont know if lynksys is into advanced home networking like PAN networks and all.
    given that there are major newer technologies what cisco is working on like borderless network and all, may be they are planning to concentrate in those areas and moving out of consumer space as such

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just curious to know whether there's a phone or tablet that's all made in India? I used to think that companies like Micromax, LAVA, Spice and so on research and...
I am using paid antivirus and my friend using cracked antivirus. he told me that he is getting also internet update. if he is getting all services without paying any...
The Indian Government is quite innovative in terms of the new ideas they come up with. The latest update is that the GOI is planning to offer Aadhaar enabled smartphones...
i am in the final year.. i dont know which is the best field in ece to do projects like vlsi, embedded, etc.. and also what are the other fields...
I'm looking for a list of the ongoing mega-infrastructure projects in India. The list may include airports, railway-stations, bridges, stadiums and so on. I checked an old list on Rediff,...