CISCO & GOOGLE Trying To Acquire Skype?

TC Reports: Cisco May Be Making A Run For Skype • TechCrunch

CISCO has made an offer to acquire SKYPE - the leading internet calling software maker from ESTONIA before the company completes its IPO filing process.

It's being speculated that the deal, if goes through, will be a very high, amounting to $5 billion or more. Google on the other hand has not made any offer because of antitrust concerns.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This could be one of the sliest vertical integration Cisco could make =P I can already imagine a proliferation of Cisco's VoIP hardware products running over Skype's interconnects.

What I'd like to know is, will Cisco open up the proprietary Skype technology or let it remain closed?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how mobile softwares are created. can someonne provide links for that
is there any meaning for this: ***a
Orkut has been around for long and I know many of my friends got introduced to Internet because of Orkut. "What the heck, you're not on Orkut??" was one of...
The ex-Developers of one of the most powerful forum software: vBulletin are working on their own forum solution: XenForo. Lot of people have been saying that XenForo will give a...
CEans, Please post your college's tech fest dates / schedule in this thread. If any of the colleges are willing to get CE as their online media partner, we are...