China Mobiles in India

If I buy a mobile (ex. HTC Sensation) in China, Can I use it in India?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gowthamanbu
    If I buy a mobile (ex. HTC Sensation) in China, Can I use it in India?
    If your phone is not carrier locked, you can always use it anywhere in the world.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# Career Locked Means?? Explain please!!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Typically telephone service providers would lock the phone to use their signals. Such phones have to be unlocked first. Buy a regular, unlocked phone and you will be able to use it anywhere in the world.
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    Many years ago, the wireless carriers such as AT&T and others started a marketing strategy of paying for some of or all of the cost of a new cell phone if the customer would commit to a one or two year contract to use their wireless service. The wireless carriers did not want to pay for the phone and later have it used with another carrier, so they got the cell phone manufactures to design the phone to be locked to just their service. For example, if AT&T paid for the phone, AT&T would lock it so that it could only be used on AT&T and not T Mobile or Vodafone or iDea. This lock is called by several names including "Sub Lock" or "SPC Lock" or "Sim Lock" or "Carrier Lock"
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    My Brother is in china now and planning to buy a new mobile HTC model. He will be coming to India later. What should he ask? What should I tell him now?
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    He has to check it by himself that if device is sim locked or not.
    He has to check if its CDMA or GSM ... If phone uses SIM its GSM & if it don't its CDMA.
    Probably both GSM & CDMA are locked, only GSM phones can be easily switched to other carrier.
    CDMA is little different, the cell phone doesnot use a small SIM card & it must be programmed to another carrier which generally requires that a phone to be hooked to a computer that has the special service software to program the phone. I think taking device to Carrier centre can program it into their carrier.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# So its so much hard to buy in china?๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# So its so much hard to buy in china?๐Ÿ˜ฒ
    Nope, its easy .. u have to just see that they are not carrier lock .. prefer GSM over CDMA.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The other point to consider is the warranty. Check whether the phone comes with an international warranty. If something goes wrong, you'll be in trouble.
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# In India too tata indicom,reliance offered CDMA'a right? So GSM in china will be great as buying in India? Am i right!!
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    As i said before ..... in GSM phones you can change SIM card.
    But in CDMA there ain't any SIM in it .. so u gotta programme it (which you can't do .. & i dont think india's wireless service provider does that)
    go for locked or unlocked GSM HTC phone ... just buy any of HTC GSM phone & not CDMA .. so if its sim-locked u can unlock it here ... & if its not sim-locked .. then, well you are lucky ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gowthamanbu
    gowthamanbu
    #-Link-Snipped-# Got that ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mr Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the former Prime minister of India known for his fierce poems and the only non-Congress prime minister to last a five-year term . He was and...
https://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/...stems-slideshow/kolkata-photo-1339065762.html
how e1 and e2 lag behind flux by 90 how applied voltage and induced emf equal in secondary of transformer and differ in primary winding where single phase transformers generally...
Hello Friends I am planning to build a real estate website with features agent Sign Up, Free and Premium Listing Please suggest me if you know the best Currently I...
For game lover's, This is going to be an interesting debate.๐Ÿ˜€ "Sony has bought cloud gaming company GaiKai (GaiKai is a cloud-based service used for accessing more than 40 popular...