China has World's fastest supercomputer

According to the Annual meeting of National High Performance computing (HPC China 2010) in Beijing, Tianhe-1A is the world's fastest supercomputer with a performance record of 2.507 petaflops,, as measured by LINKPACK benchmark.

Tainhe-1A was designed by the the National University of Defense Technology(NUDT) in China.To achieve the new performance record , Tainhe-1A uses 7,168 Nividia Tesla M2050 GPU's and 14,336 Intel Xenon CPUs. It cost $88 million. Its 103 cabinet weight 155 tons and the entire system consume 4.04 megawatts of electricity.

Tianhe-1A ousted the previous record holder, Cray XT5 Jaguar which is used by the U.S. National Center for Computational Sciences at Oak Ridge National Laboratories. It is powered by 224,162 Opteron CPUs and achieves a performance record of 1.75 petaflops.

According to Nividia, Tianhe-1A will be operated as an open access system to use for large scale scientific computations.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is SAP ERP Software? what courses i need to do.......... to get into sap field?
Micromax is India's largest mobile maker and has introduced a popular phone model in the market. The Micromax x1i. This sleep looking phone is power packed with features and has...
Following video gives a detailed review of Micromax Bling Q55 [video=youtube;GQuFPwlwKr4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQuFPwlwKr4&feature=player_embedded[/video] Specifications overview: Dual GSM-Dual-Band Full QWERTY Keypad Multi Format Music Player (MP3 / AMR / MIDI / WAV) Facebook...
Micromax has recently launched a new handset in the market, x505. The handset is power packed with loads of features and has detachable back-lid. Phone Specifications: Micromax has recently launched...
Just for sharing, This is my final project Automatic PCB drill Features : 1. Manual PCB design 2. Automatic PCB design (from other software, *bmp ) 3. 17x13 cm PCB...