ChillCan - A Self-Chilling Can To Keep Your Drink Chilled. Always.

He was indeed a wise man who invented beer. But the tink on the glass should go for this man -Mitchell Joseph-  who came up with this self-chilling can of beer, that uses-releases-reuses the coolant HFC-134a. Twenty years ago his model worked just fine, but problem was that HFC-134a is a greenhouse gas that's 1400 times more powerful than Carbon Dioxide. EPA regulations saw to it that this can never materialized. Now, Joseph has introduced the ChillCan, a completely legal stuff and a self-chilling can that brings down your drink's temperature by 30ºF in just three minutes.

#-Link-Snipped-#

This can has a cylindrical chamber containing high-pressure CO2 gas, connected to a valve that continues to the base of the can and has a button for a lid. As soon as the button is pressed, the valve opens releasing the CO2 via bottom of the can in the air. The expansion of the gas lowers the temperature of the can by absorbing excess heat from the liquid. With this can, an energy drink Coast Chill shall be released, that'll be available this summer in Arizona, Nevada, Southern California and online, and also in stores till 2014. Beer guzzlers may have to wait a little more longer.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is no secret. The earth is indeed getting hot. People are coming up with new plans to bring the temperature under control. The latest to join that group are...
The payload RESOLVE (a collaborative effort by the Kennedy Space Center and the Canadian Space Agency and part of the Advanced Exploration Systems Program in NASA's Human Exploration and Operations...
Ever tried running in a beach? I’m sure you know how difficult it is to run on the soft sands of a beach. But Lizards can do it with much...
Ever since I learned to skate, I've been fancying motorized skates. Kickstarter backed, Spnkix has launched motorized skates for all the lazy skating enthusiasts for just $699. Alright, that's not...
The Raspberry Pi team has now released their first SD card image, the Debian-based OS known as 'Raspbian'. This update brings for us the complete advantage of Raspberry Pi’s floating...