Chemical that keeps mineral water chilled for long time

Somewhere I heard that people used some kind of chemical which keeps mineral water chilled for long time.

Does anybody knows about such chemical?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This does not gel thermodynamically. The time for which some thing remains chill depends on its thermal mass and the heat influx. One cannot use too much quantity of chemicals in some thing meant for drinking.
    Since we cannot control heat influx with a chemical and the thermal mass does not change much, it is not possible to keep water chill longer with a chemical in my opinion.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    A.V.Ramani
    This does not gel thermodynamically. The time for which some thing remains chill depends on its thermal mass and the heat influx. One cannot use too much quantity of chemicals in some thing meant for drinking.
    Since we cannot control heat influx with a chemical and the thermal mass does not change much, it is not possible to keep water chill longer with a chemical in my opinion.
    Sir, I have seen those guys who supplies mineral water locally they are used to drop just one drop of such chemical and that chemical makes water chilled.

Have a look at these links :-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • siddhbhushan swami
    siddhbhushan swami
    Dear Harshadji, did you find the name of that chemical?

I have this question too. But I want to use that chemical for water cooler
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Not possible theoretically.
  • MURTUZA ZAVERI
    MURTUZA ZAVERI
    are u talking about cryogenics ? freon especially
  • rakesh shah
    rakesh shah

May I have that chemical name ?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

It just will NOT work.

• Ganesh Motaka
    Ganesh Motaka

I have also heard same thing before two days that a drop of chemical cools water instantly in RO water jug

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

If it were true you can use it to prevent premature setting of concrete and give you more working time.

Unfortunately the laws of thermodynamics still apply.

• Hardik Patel
    Hardik Patel

Can i get that chemical's name?

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Why don’t CEans do some very basic thermal calculations? They will then know that this is theoretically impossible.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With a successful period of almost 10 years, Facebook started as a means to connect to people and now has become more of an advertising platform. Your timeline now contains...
Hi CEans... Name:Abhinav Singh *Engineering Trade:Industrial Engineering Location: Nagpur *Occupation: Student at Shri Ramdeobaba College of Engineering and Management,Nagpur Work Experience: (if applicable) *Hobbies & Interests: Cricket,Guitar,Movies,Music,Paper Presentations etc. *Aim...
hello friends, i have a doubt regarding this pulley-belt arrangement. i usually found that in this arrangement the smaller pulley is used as driving pulley and larger pulley as driven...
Hi, all please let me know what is the meaning of conducted Electro Magnetic Interference(EMI). And pls anybody give me some details for designing EMI filter for SMPS. Thanks, waiting...
dear friends can any one help me in making my cv in more efficient manner can you provide me a format of that