CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Harshad Italiya • 29 Apr, 2013
Somewhere I heard that people used some kind of chemical which keeps mineral water chilled for long time.

Does anybody knows about such chemical?
@Ramani Aswath • 29 Apr, 2013 This does not gel thermodynamically. The time for which some thing remains chill depends on its thermal mass and the heat influx. One cannot use too much quantity of chemicals in some thing meant for drinking.
Since we cannot control heat influx with a chemical and the thermal mass does not change much, it is not possible to keep water chill longer with a chemical in my opinion.
@Harshad Italiya • 29 Apr, 2013
A.V.Ramani
This does not gel thermodynamically. The time for which some thing remains chill depends on its thermal mass and the heat influx. One cannot use too much quantity of chemicals in some thing meant for drinking.
Since we cannot control heat influx with a chemical and the thermal mass does not change much, it is not possible to keep water chill longer with a chemical in my opinion.
Sir, I have seen those guys who supplies mineral water locally they are used to drop just one drop of such chemical and that chemical makes water chilled.

Have a look at these links :-
https://www.gacpl.net/cooling-water-treatment-chemicals.html
https://www.indiamart.com/biochemtreatments/chilledwater-treatment-chemicals.html
@siddhbhushan swami • 26 Feb, 2017 • 2 likes Dear Harshadji, did you find the name of that chemical?

I have this question too. But I want to use that chemical for water cooler
@Ramani Aswath • 26 Feb, 2017 Not possible theoretically.
@MURTUZA ZAVERI • 02 Aug, 2017 are u talking about cryogenics ? freon especially
@rakesh shah • 24 Sep, 2018

May I have that chemical name ?

@Ramani Aswath • 25 Sep, 2018 • 1 like

It just will NOT work.

@Ganesh Motaka • 16 Dec, 2018 • 1 like

I have also heard same thing before two days that a drop of chemical cools water instantly in RO water jug

@Ramani Aswath • 16 Dec, 2018 • 1 like

If it were true you can use it to prevent premature setting of concrete and give you more working time.

Unfortunately the laws of thermodynamics still apply.

@Hardik Patel • 27 Apr, 2019

Can i get that chemical's name?

@Ramani Aswath • 01 Jun, 2019 • 1 like

Why don’t CEans do some very basic thermal calculations? They will then know that this is theoretically impossible.

10k views

Related Posts

@demetron · Jul 25, 2012

i am BE (comp. sc.) passed out 60.4% with 2 years of gap (i screw it,i agreed) and i am thinking of doing a "Diploma in Advanced Computing" course from...
5.1k views

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 21, 2013

All the Nokia Asha phone users, it is time to rejoice, because WhatsApp is soon coming to the Asha 501 smartphone. Shared today on their official blog - Nokia Conversations,...
3.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 19, 2015

A new malware is creating havoc in India by gaining control of critical computer systems until a ransom is paid. Called 'TeslaCrypt Ransomware', the malware has been upgraded to the...
5.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 13, 2015

Lenovo India is riding the high wave as it introduces its flagship smartphone called 'Lenovo A7000' in the country. Priced at Rs. 8999, this smartphone is truly a competitor to...
4.2k views

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 4, 2015

Ever since its unveiling as a concept model in 2012 and later as a production ready version at the Auto Expo 2014, Dilip Chhabria's stylish supercar 'DC Avanti' has always...
11.8k views