Check Train Status On Mobile Phone in India

I just read on TOI that now you can check the status of trains on mobile phone. This will be such a relief. Just yesterday, my friend called me from railway status to check the train status because they were waiting for long. One has to type the train number and SMS it to 09415139139 or 09664139139 for knowing the exact location of a train on real-time basis.

The service is currently available for 36 pairs of premier trains, including Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto. This facility is a result of the work by a joint team of railways and IIT-Kanpur. It is called the "real-time train running information system".

Can someone check the status of any train and confirm this?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    This is sms based and I think, it's chargeable, not used though.
    Check this out www.trainenquiry.com
    I am using this service from years and its quite wonderful. The current look is just got better.
    Here enter train number (still using 4digit train number), train name. you can get exact location.😀
    Also you can see which train is passing by particular station.

Update: Here is old look: you can see lots of option there
    www.trainenquiry.com
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ianoop
    This is sms based and I think, it's chargeable, not used though.
    Check this out www.trainenquiry.com
    I am using this service from years and its quite wonderful. The current look is just got better.
    Here enter train number (still using 4digit train number), train name. you can get exact location.😀
    Also you can see which train is passing by particular station.

Update: Here is old look: you can see lots of option there
    www.trainenquiry.com
    Yeah, but millions of people in India still don't have smartphones and so can't use internet on the go. So, this sms-based system can become quite popular. 👍
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Its charging as normal sms but I didn't checked the Rajdhani or some Durunto exp and tried for SC-PNBE exp.(I think this train not added in sms list) No reply yet...☕
    Well, it will definitely give some relief to Inquiry window guys😀.
    I think they should make it a free service and show ads in bottom of reply sms.
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    This facility is a result of the work by a joint team of railways and IIT-Kanpur.
    Is it extension of #-Link-Snipped-# which was posted in Voice article sometime...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    X-Engineer
    Is it extension of #-Link-Snipped-# which was posted in Voice article sometime...
    Yeah. It is the exact same thing. I had forgotten the name of the service.
    Here is the link -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    I had forgotten the name of the service.
    How could one forget a project named in a ladies name(also a south actress)....in fact its satellite imaging(required term for engineers at some point of time in life)😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Introduction A consortium between the Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie (MPIfR), the I. Physikalisches Institut der Universität zu Köln (KOSMA), the DLR-Institut für Weltraumsensorik und Planetenerkundung and the MPI für Aeronomie (MPAe)...
He hi.... i want brife ideas about online help desk project which is doing in "jsp/servlet' & 'oracle'.
hey guys, m Piyush Malik n m an automobile engg. I belong to Chandigarh. Well i have a great passion for cars n bikes n i like airplanes (esp. fighter...
why some cars use a turbocharger while few others use a supercharger what is the basic difference b/w the two and which one is more powerful ?
I wish to know about kVA and kW difference and how to convert hp to kva/kW. Is there any calculator available for these conversions?