Changing an Atom or Two of an Electrochromic Material Changes its Color

Machine Design says: A serendipitous discovery by a grad student at the Georgia Institute of Technology has led to materials that quickly change color from completely clear to a range of vibrant hues and then back again. The work could have applications in everything from skyscraper windows that control the amount of light and heat entering and leaving a building, to switchable camouflage and visors for the military, and even color-changing cosmetics and clothing.

StackPath

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a metal strip (20 x 180 x 1 mm) formed by electrodeposition. The metal strip was annealed to 935 degree centigrade (microstructure showed increase in grain size). The...
Design invites: Take a look at how space has been portrayed in film over the past decade, from nonfiction movies such as First Man to space fantasy in the Star...
DesignSpark says: In the first of a new series, Dr Volker de Haas, designer of the open source PLC/IPC Revolution Pi, explains the core differences between automation and IT.Part 1...
From Pocket: A few tips on how to craft emails to quickly and clearly relay messages and avoid miscommunication.https://getpocket.com/explore/item/how-to-write-email-with-military-precision
The only pythons I know of were some in my grandfather's farm and a huge one that I saw in Thekkadi sanctuary in Kerala. No idea if what is claimed...