CrazyEngineers
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 16, 2013

Welcome to CE, @#-Link-Snipped-#. Yes, it should be possible to do that. It's not clear how big the change is (number of cells that need an update). I'm tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# to help us out here. He explained the solution to me over the chat; but it's still beyond me. 😕
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberDec 16, 2013

You mean to do this through a program or manually?

We can do this through a simple program but the random cells what you are talking about we need the row id and column id.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 16, 2013

@#-Link-Snipped-# - are you familiar with VBA scripting? I think UPPER() , LOWER() and PROPER() functions can be used; but it's not clear whether the change in case is going to be uniform all over the sheet. If it's a mix of upper and lower case transformation; then the things could be slightly more complicated.
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberDec 17, 2013

I am not familiar with VBA, but I am with VB Scripting. We have something called Excel object API in VB Scripting. Using this we can do whatever you want to do.

If you want a basic idea, search with Excel.Application, you will get lot of details.

And if there is a specific requirement, I would love to help in converting whatever the user wants 😀
    Cancel
  • Kanagavel A

MemberDec 17, 2013

As you said UPPER() , LOWER() and PROPER() functions can be used...But we need to enter thses informations in another cell (connecting the cell which we want to modify) then finally we have to move this to our destination cell...Can we do it in the same cell like selecting those and pressing some shortcuts or anyother...??
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register