Certification In Cloud Computing - Questions

Hi ,

Actually I need guidance regarding the cloud computing , I understand what it is but I want to know:

1.Are there any criteria ie of experience etc for taking cloud computing certification exams ?
2.Is there development (ie Only Developer role) in Cloud Computing ?
3.How can I prepare myself for certification without taking any external coaching?

Any help in this topic would be very useful and appreciated.

Regards ,
King99

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Moved your post to a new thread in certifications section.

Which cloud computing certification are you planning for? I think the criteria will depend on the certification. I however do not think any 'need' of experience for a certification in cloud computing.

Cloud computing jobs would certainly have developer, QA, network admin etc. roles.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    king99
    Hi ,

Actually I need guidance regarding the cloud computing , I understand what it is but I want to know:

1.Are there any criteria ie of experience etc for taking cloud computing certification exams ?
    3.How can I prepare myself for certification without taking any external coaching?

Regards ,
    King99
    You can go for - 'Cloud Technology Certified Professional' Exam.

Criteria -
    An understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts and terminology are second nature to the Cloud Technology Professional, as well as the advantages, disadvantages, and general implications of using and combining common cloud computing mechanisms and cloud security mechanisms.

Further, the Cloud Technology Professional must possess the ability to associate cloud computing mechanisms to the realization of specific characteristics, benefits, and goals assigned to cloud environments and cloud-based solutions. Conversely, the Cloud Technology Professional needs to be able to identify the common threats and challenges to cloud services and supporting IT resources, in order to leverage cloud security mechanisms and when necessary, moderate the use of cloud computing mechanisms.

There are 3 kinds of exam
    1. Fundamental of Cloud Computing
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Cloud Technology Concepts
    #-Link-Snipped-#

3. Cloud Technology Lab
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vinci
    vinci
    what if someone goes to cloud computing job without much knowledge of cloud with NO certifications or anything else in cloud ?Is there any career then ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vinci
    what if someone goes to cloud computing job without much knowledge of cloud with NO certifications or anything else in cloud ?Is there any career then ?
    "Certifications" is just a third party confirmation of your knowledge. Working in cloud computing without knowledge of cloud computing is like applying for Java Developer position without knowing Java.

Looks to me that 'Self Learning' is a dying art these days.
  • vinci
    vinci
    no I dont mean such things.I actually mean that if someone is fresher ,knows cloud just a brief introduction about what it is ,and goes to work in a small IT company,what does one expects of future their ?
  • cloudpath
    cloudpath
    cloud computing certification i think is new boom in a market as per study said cloud computing create millions of job by the end of 2015.There are few companies who offer cloud computing certification and there i think you get all the information about your query.
    #-Link-Snipped-#.
    All the best.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok, I came across this certification on cloud by IBM, not sure if non-IBM guys can apply or give the certifications, but yes, seems there is one
    (IBM Certified Solution Architect - IBM Cloud Computing Infrastructure Architect V1
  • nanospeck
    nanospeck
    king99
    Hi ,

Regards ,
    King99
    Many of the major companies like IBM, VMware etc are having cloud computing certifications for their own products. I suggest you get a 2-3 experience in some technologies like Networking/Java/SAP/.Net and then take on the cloud opportunities in their respective enterprise versions. You cloud get some idea about some of the existing cloud certifications from #-Link-Snipped-#.
    I work as a java developer, we also have some cloud product in our company which I'm learning now. I'd be more than hapy to help if you have more queries.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guangdong Plastics Exchange is constructing an innovative civil engineering structure in the shape of 'Luck Coin' at Guangzhou, China near the Pearl River. Italian architect Joseph di Pasquale has designed...
Let us discuss the current hot topics for research in computer science field. Our discussion can give some of us ideas for doing research in this field. Some of the...
The Ultrabook™ POP-UP THEATER is a series of live stunts that demonstrates the ultra thin design & responsiveness of the Ultrabook™. A uniquely choreographed team of 60 individuals create a...
A lot of Nokia users haven't still updated their phone softwares to Nokia Belle. With the update, you get easy access to connectivity settings, easily customizable 6 homescreeens and more....
According to Business Today survey, Tata Consultancy Services Limited has claimed the top spot in the list of the best companies to work for in India. The company continues to...