Ceramic Polar vs. Electrolytic Polar Capacitor

Hello All!
In a project we used a 4.7 uF ceramic capacitor. Due to some accident it went useless so we were going to replace it! In many places we are told that there ain't any Polar ceramic capacitors.And Polarity comes in electrolytic only.But the project manual called that capacitor a ceramic polar and on PCB one point of the capacitor was labeled "+" and also it was written in the manual like the shorter leg is positive etc.
We can not find ceramic polar capacitor so if we use electrolytic polar instead of the ceramic one which has the same capacitance, what will the effect?
Help plz...

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well there shudnt be any effect provided the voltage level is same too.
  • manivannan.mv
    manivannan.mv
    ne too go with sourovgoswami

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁😁Join The CE - Dance 😁😁 Seventeen Zero Zero Zero Crazy Engineers From Over 150 Countries Only on CrazyEngineers ...and we broke our previous record! We added 1000 new members...
Discuss the announcement -> https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/4044-seventeen-zero-zero-zero-crazy-engineers.html in this thread !
hi i am jai.... i am a 2nd yr EnC students studying at manipal,,,,actuall dis is my 1st post so i dnt no whether i m posting it to the...
Hi all My question is: if i make a socket connection between two computers,offcoure one is server socket and other is simple socket, then when i use printstream for that...
Hi i want to use USB port in c , can i point to it?? i am using it for printer.. i think there is sum hub for usb's in...