Center tab in transformers

I am Electrical engineering student and have a simple doubt: Why the transformers are center tabbed?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Center Tab is nuetral point in transformers, since transfer of electricity happens magnetically
  • dileepkiran
    dileepkiran
    sory i cn't understand
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    To simplify transformer is ade of two coils,when you pass electricity through them due to mutual inductance electricity is transferred ,hence there exist a nuetral point were there is zero current, that is center tab
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    center tab is a concept where we can observe two different signed voltages, if we are using total output leads,other wise single voltage.
    example:12-0-12 transformer with 1amp currents.if output is considered across 12-0-12 output signalwaves in opposite to each others.following images as follows
    applications as to produce inputs to 78xx and 79xx regulators where sine image is for78xx family and sinewave image is for 79xx family to get positive and negative regulated voltages.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends I am Gopikrishan. I have completed my B.tech in CSE with 80 % aggregate. I am planning for doing my masters in Forensic Information Technology in AUT newzealand....
Am kingsley , an MBA student in Nigeria studying Power Systems Enginnering. Feels Good to joins you ๐Ÿ˜
For a little more than the last two days there seems to be a lull in CE activities on the technical front. There is no Idol or interesting 'idle' programmes...
Artificial devices are now being built with sensors to feed back to the central nervous system. This artificial finger integrates nanoscale electromechanical systems, sensory motor neuroscience, biotechnology, and robotics to...
Hello CEans! , In my free time,I am thinking of conducting seminars for schools. I have decided to conduct demo session first and then go for the different phases, if...