Cell Phone accessory to detect anaemia

Undergrads of Johns Hopkins biomedical engineering have developed a device, which can detect anaemia using available computer power of the cell phone. Not requiring any expertise to use, this can be of great use in remote areas, where expert medical care is unavailable.
The sensor shines light of different wavelengths through the skin to measure haemoglobin levels. A colour coded display on the screen of the phones shows levels of red cells.
Variants of this could well be looked at by some CEans here:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• anusha venkat
    anusha venkat
    sir, i hav a doubt. how the sensor is controlled while it is being placed in the finger tip??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hemoglobe
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • anusha venkat
    anusha venkat
    thank you, sir!! that was really helpful!! 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all, i am a student in m.tech computer science. i need to publish a paper in computers science topic. please help us to tell me how to start. how...
If we convert AC to DC AC input Power=150kVA AC voltage=415V Desired DC Voltage= 220V then what will be the dc output Current???????
Here'a movie releasing on August 3rd based on 4 young boys and their entrepreneurial venture. The movie's called 'Shuttlecock Boys'. The movie's already received a lot of appreciation at various...
Hi friends,I needed some advice on Gate Prep. I passed out in 2011(CSE) . I got placement in good s/w companies,but i don't know what happened to me.....i joined a...
open cmd and write their - tracert website name. it will give website ip address and 30 hopes... then open dnsstuff.com in ur net explorer and write their ip address...