CEan of the Month June 2009 Nominations Discussions

Any queries or comments regarding the above announcement shall be placed here ๐Ÿ˜€

Remember, please do not post your votes in this thread. Instead, send them to this e-mail address:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Your cooperation will be appreciated! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Congratulations to all the nominees! ๐Ÿ˜€

I've already voted.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Me too have voted...
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Ash and Biggi - What If I want to nominate any other CEan who is not present in the list???

Actually my idea of saying this is, in-place of giving a list of 5; It would be great if we will give option to, ask in for the nominations without candidature. Then from the available results, core team and ambessadors can decide on the winners. I posted this suggestion, just because I thought that it will give equal rights to everybody. Also at the same time final judgement decision rights are with core team only.

-CB
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I hope I have permission to speak regarding this ๐Ÿ˜‰ We apologize for not being transparent on the way we wanted to do this.

Yep, that was the original plan, but we were not sure of how it would turn out. So we've decided implement it partially. The results of these votes from CEans will be combined with votes by the CE Team with appropriate weights. The CE Team would have scoured through every post (except the LoooOOnng thread ๐Ÿ˜›) that active CEans had posted this month and see the quality of them and it's contributive effects to CE. We don't expect CEans to do the same, since its supposed to the CE Teams responsiblity and must dedicate their time for it.

At the moment, we'll stick to the list above. Don't worry, We'll try the method you have suggested next time once we see the results of this ballot.. as is the first time we are trialling public voting.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    crazyboy
    Ash and Biggi - What If I want to nominate any other CEan who is not present in the list???

Actually my idea of saying this is, in-place of giving a list of 5; It would be great if we will give option to, ask in for the nominations without candidature. Then from the available results, core team and ambessadors can decide on the winners. I posted this suggestion, just because I thought that it will give equal rights to everybody. Also at the same time final judgement decision rights are with core team only.

-CB
    I was also thinking about this one CB !!

Well although i had voted..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Why Dont we go for Open Voting Thread?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Because thats not a good idea... ๐Ÿ˜

Any open voting among known persons leave wrong imressions.... so better that voting should be in a close box only.

-CB
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    crazyboy
    Because thats not a good idea... ๐Ÿ˜

Any open voting among known persons leave wrong imressions.... so better that voting should be in a close box only.

-CB
    Why wrong impression cant get this one the member who is going good and have good work get more vote... i see open voting on many forums.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Understood, godfather. Let me address the closed voting first.. then I'll get on the point about motivating nominees.

I can think of two reasons why closed voting is more preferable.

1. There are those who wish to keep their votes private.

2. As CB said.. we do not want to create wrong impressions, hence divisions amongst CEans. One person might have voted for candidate X and another felt candidate Y should have been the better choice.. and misunderstanding and personal conflicts might erupt from unnecessary debate.

I'm not saying that would definitely happen.. but then again, all of us are different and there is no way to predict how we would feel. It would probably be the worse case scenario. But why take the risk? Better be safe than sorry, hehe.

A closed voting system will settle both the issues mentioned (and perhaps others too). Everyone would have to agree with the majority.. which is defined as the final result ๐Ÿ˜€

Now on the point of motivating nominees to do more. This is still a topic of heated debate (just kidding.. only discussion) among the CE team.. whether to announce the nominees in advanced on later. Announcing it in advanced may encourage them to improve on their posting, but it might have reverse effect of putting pressure on them. We shall see from the results we have this month.

I hope my answers are ok for you godfather ๐Ÿ˜€ Feel free to ask a query on anything else.

CEans, keep those votes coming!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Yep Closed voting is better to avoid unnecessary arguments and fights between people here.

Will vote in the evening. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Good Explanation Ash i am not forcing for open voting...

i have some points

if you put a poll here as a separate thread in which no one can reply..

i have one question in poll there are option that no one knows who vote for whom. right ? for Example

Quest: who is good cricketer?
    Option:
    1. X
    2. Y
    3. Z

now i vote for X how can others know that i had voted for X??

Okie Whatever it is i had seen these type of voting for major contests that why suggesting it..

OK Go ahead with this system

Thanks Ash and CB for Explanation

:Worthy:
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Another good point.. and I might venture a personal opinion rather than a CE Team one (since we did not discuss about that point).

Firstly, the poll options are limited. But thats a future problem, not a present one since there are only 4 nominees. If we see the polls, we could see who is in which position. That would ruin the suspense in announcing the results ๐Ÿ˜‰

And a related issue is, one would know who would be last. He/she might be a little discouraged by it. I dont know any competition in which anyone would know who is last (unless you count elections).. so in the light of sportsmanship, a bottom number of ranked competitors would share an equal runners up distinction.

What do you guys think? CE is a close knit group at present.. we share pretty much a lot of things (our work, studies, etc). In that light, feelings might need to be taken into consideration.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    ash
    Another good point.. and I might venture a personal opinion rather than a CE Team one (since we did not discuss about that point).

Firstly, the poll options are limited. But thats a future problem, not a present one since there are only 4 nominees. If we see the polls, we could see who is in which position. That would ruin the suspense in announcing the results ๐Ÿ˜‰

And a related issue is, one would know who would be last. He/she might be a little discouraged by it. I dont know any competition in which anyone would know who is last (unless you count elections).. so in the light of sportsmanship, a bottom number of ranked competitors would share an equal runners up distinction.

What do you guys think? CE is a close knit group at present.. we share pretty much a lot of things (our work, studies, etc). In that light, feelings might need to be taken into consideration.
    Another point is we do not want to announce the winner with the public polls only. Want to keep the final decision with CE Core team only.

Correct me CE Core Members.

-CB
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    crazyboy
    Another point is we do not want to announce the winner with the public polls only. Want to keep the final decision with CE Core team only.

Correct me CE Core Members.

-CB
    Good Point CB Now No more Comments..
    Best Wishes to all Nominees
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I just voted.. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

All the best for all the nominees! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    My Best Wishes for all nominees. ๐Ÿ˜€

PS: I guess earlier way of choosing the winner was BEST [ Everyone happily agrees with that decision ] . Now in these 4 voting days only 4 nominated people will focus on posting rather than those who are not in the list but were still trying ๐Ÿ˜” [Better Luck next time rest of CEans ]
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I voted ๐Ÿ˜€
  • priyank_180
    priyank_180
    I had Voted..
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    I voted to the deserving one, Good Luck everyone. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S.: I was shocked to see my name there :hehehe:
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Voted.

Best of luck to all nominees.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok guys, one more day to vote. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    hey ash what about CE'an of august 2009.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Closing the old thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

post here your ideas and topics about automated device or system !!!! ;-) ;-) ;-)
The Hiragana Script In this, each vowel is preceded by a consonant. So as you can see from the chart above, The word hiragana can be written as : ใฒ...
I've brought these subjects up at other forums, and I have to say there appears to be a fairly wide set of viewpoints about either. In QM. observation and measurement...
Scrap Class 10 board exams, says Kapil Sibal - Human resource and development minister, India As per Kapil SIbal's announcement: 1. Class 10th Exams are optional. "There has to be...
I was just reading news on Web, came across the following news and thought would generate interest in CEan's to do something as innovative as this is. Posting the same:...