CE: The Great Engineering Purity Test

This idea struck my mind just now.

Let's have an Engineering Purity Test on CE.

What this test would contain is a set of say 20/30 questions that decides if you are a true engineer or not.
They must be multiple choice questions.
And based on the results we can declare if he/she is a worthy engineer or not.

(We can also give ratings on the level of purity of the engineer :heheheπŸ˜€

Give your Suggestions. Let your ideas flow in. πŸ˜€

Replies

• Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Great Idea,AKD,This will be really interesting and fun.
    What type of questions will those be?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The test will be for fun.

An example question:
    1. What do you carry with you at all times?

a. Compass
    b. Calculator
    c. Notebook
    d. Screw Driver
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    Woa!!
    So what are we waiting for,have you created the questionnaire;you are good at asking questions(KYCeans!!) πŸ˜‰ 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Oh no. I just have a few random questions in mind. If any of you has any great interesting/funny questions related to Engineers or Engineering traits (with/without multiple choice answers) please send me a private message or mail it to me on the id given in my signature.

I really want all of you to contribute. I hope we can all make this work. πŸ˜€
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    AbraKadabra
    Oh no. I just have a few random questions in mind. If any of you has any great interesting/funny questions related to Engineers or Engineering traits (with/without multiple choice answers) please send me a private message or mail it to me on the id given in my signature.

I really want all of you to contribute. I hope we can all make this work. πŸ˜€

I have some questions in mind ,I will PM you.Good Luck.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good idea.

But one thing is, all questions should not be puzzles and logic based. If it is, then we'll only be testing the logic and problem solving ability, and that wont necessarily translate to good engineering skills.

What I suggest is, we collect questions from all major branches of engineering, technical questions pertaining to that branch which any engineer of any branch is supposed to know.

For example, from electronics, I may ask what is the most important element for the semiconductor industry? The answer would be silicon.

By this, we can say the person knows something of every branch.. That would be better, right?

We can also include puzzles and logic based questions. But I think technical questions should also be there. May be we can have 2 sections, one for puzzles and one or puzzles.
    And we all have to contribute questions, which are a must know, and also easy. And may be, someone can keep tabs on the questions, receiving all the questions and arranging them as necessary..

Wat do you guys say?
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    I am ready for doing the job of collecting the questions and arranging them. But the moderators of this forum will have to ensure that each reply is QUOTED. I am not very conversant how the entire job of administration in CE goes on. Pls enlighten.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    A nice idea Abrakadabra and SS superb!!

I will also prepare a set of questions and will sent to you Abrakadabra!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    that would be awesome looking forward to it. πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Wow! I am glad you all liked this idea. 😁

I think silverscorpion is right. We should divide this test in two parts: Technical and Non-technical.

Technical section would essentially contain certain basic questions from all engineering trades (An Engineer should be aware of things other than his/her own branch of Engineering) 😎

Non technical section will have questions that judge a person's mentality and his/her choices. It will be judged on common engineering traits and will be fun to answer.

@Shreyas: You totally get the task of collecting and organizing the questions.
    I am thinking of creating a small application, where one can answer these multiple choice questions and will display the worthiness of the Engineer. πŸ˜€

We will upload the application on CE. So that, all the registered members can take the test for free.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Hey Wonderful Idea!! Liked it!
    Looking forward for the test.

@Abrakadabra : Great Idea!
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Great idea and dividing the test into technical and non-technical will add more to it.
  • Reya
    Reya
    @AbraKadabra-looking forward to take up the test..Awesome idea!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Thanks everyone. πŸ˜€ I have started working out on the Questions... πŸ˜€

Meanwhile, @Shreyas: Are you up for the job?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I can provide some questions in electronics, and may be, computer science too. And some puzzles..

Let's finalize who's gonna collect the questions. Then, there is the format of the test, scoring method, etc..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @silverscorpion: Let's make a small team, who will work on this.

I am in the process of making a format for the test.

Meanwhile, you can start collecting questions and answers at one place. πŸ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hey count me in 😁

I'll help with the civil engineering and some non-technical questions πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Wow! That will be great. The team has 3 people on it. Anybody else? πŸ˜€
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ok. That'll be fine.

So, you can start sending the questions to me. I'll collect them, and arrange them according to branch.

Technical, non-technical, anything is fine.

Either PM me, or send the questions to ramkumar(at)crazyengineers.net
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Technical from electrical and non-technical as well.Count me too.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So we have one more. One electrical, one electronics, one civil and one computer science
    πŸ˜€ It's going to work out well.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    It'll be good to have one from mechanical too, as it's also a major branch.

Ok, waiting for the questions to fill my inbox now!!πŸ˜‰
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Great Idea @AKD and all

please let me know if any help required from my side.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The idea sounds good. But I am afraid I might fail the test πŸ˜›
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    nice idea AKD.πŸ˜€I'm in. I'll start collecting question regarding civil and puzzles.πŸ˜€πŸ˜
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    please let me know the update?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found this Webcomic on the TechRepublic Website. Sharing it with you all. 😁 😁 😁
I'm trying to compile a list of channels available in HD and 3D in India. Lot of DTH operators claim that their receivers are HD capable; however unless the channel...
Satyam Computers, India's leading Software Firm has said that the company will delist from NYSE around mid-October as they are unable to comply with NYSE policies and may not be...
Hello guys I have a java source code (Jpcapdumper) and it has GUI interface but the programmer did not use the java GUI components for developing this program. and wrote...
We had to give seminar in the college yesterday. The students who had 'bought' or 'downloaded' projects instead of 'creating' them were heavily bombarded with questions (..to which of course...