CE Meet : 6 CEans + Coffee + Discussions : The World Beings To Change

The First CE Meet

Date: 21 [sup]st[/sup] June, 2008.

Place: Cafe Coffee Day, FC Road, Pune, India.

Attendees:
  1. CEan - Mayur Pathak
  2. CEan - The Big K
  3. CEan - Prady
  4. CEan - Mayank
  5. CEan - PradeepAgrawal
  6. CEan - Kulesh
3:15 pm: Place: S.B. Road

The brand new Reddish WagonR comes to a halt on S.B Road. The owner, CEan - MayurPathak (MP) waves at another CEan, The Big K (K). The Big K jumps into the car. Both MP & K shake hands.

3:25 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road

MP & K desperately search for a parking place FC road. They spot CEan - Prady (P) & CEan - PradeepAgrawal (PA) waiting for them in front of CCD. P & PA wave @ K & MP. K & MP spot a parking place about 50 meters away from CCD, just near to FC college entrance.

3:32 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road

MP & K arrive at the CCD. They notice CEan - Mayank (M) has joined P & PA. They introduce each other and decide to get into CCD. All of them quickly decide that the first floor would be a better choice over the ground floor. The staircase takes all five (K, MP, P, PA, M) of them to the first floor.

3:40 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

CEans occupy the Sofa in the corner, which is a strategic location which gives a full view of the beautiful FC Road ( ๐Ÿ˜ ) and the beautiful CCD as well ๐Ÿ˜‰ .

3:45 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

CEan MayurPathak asks CEan The Big K if CEan Kidakaka is expected at the meet. They phone call Kidakaka and learn that he's sinked in work and is in Hyderabad. CEans then engage themselves in general talks about work, life & CE. CEan - Kulesh calls to confirm that he's arrived and shall be reaching the venue in 5 minutes.

3:55 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

CEans order for coffee as follows:
  • Cappucinno
  • Tropical Ice Berg + Whipped Cream + Chocolate Syrup
  • Black Coffee
  • Irish Coffee
  • Devil's Own
[Total Expense: Rs. 388/- + Rs. 47.64 = Rs. 435/- . (Paid by CEan The Big K)]

CEan - Kulesh arrives. Shakes hands with everyone and gets introduced.

4:00 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

CE Discussions begin: Big K updates everyone on the current status of the userbase, discussions, growth rate & Small Talks etc. CEan Mayur beings with the concept of having CE Evangelists (one per college) as suggested by CEan - Kidakaka in one of the threads. CEans discuss about various ways to get this done.

Conclusion: We should choose CE Evangelists (one per college). CE Evangelist would be responsible for covering events happening in his/her college and writing about them on CE. He/she would also be responsible for promoting CE in his/her college.

Each evangelist, who brings in value to CE, would get a Certificate Of Appreciation & a goodie (t-shirt, cap etc.)

Action Item: CEan Big K to announce about the same on the site. CE Editorial would accept entries for CE Evangelists.

4:15 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

Coffee arrives. Each CEan sips coffee & continue the discussion with the concept of CE Messenger.

CEan MayurPathak & Big K's update everyon on the current procedings on CE Bot, exceptional work done by CEan - Ash & CEan - xHeavenlyx. Each CEan feels that its high time for us to get started with CE projects.

CEan The Big K talks about the initial concept of CE Messenger. CEan Mayank updates everyone that he has guided 3 final year CS engineering students on a project related to SIP (Session Initiation Protocol). He adds that he can work on the technical aspects of the CE Messenger (with the help of his students & of course other CEans from around the world). CEan PradeepAgrawal talks about various features and offers technical help on the same. CEan Kulesh adds that he's currently working on an instant messaging product and he is game for the project.

Conclusion: World would be better place with CE Messenger ๐Ÿ˜ .

Action Item: CEan Prady to come up with SRS for the CE - Messenger.
[Update: Here's Prady's SRS : #-Link-Snipped-# ]

4:40 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

CEans are high on caffeine and the discussions are happening in full swing. CEans discuss the possibility of CE - Fund (raised by CEans) with contribution from each of the CEans. This would help us commercialize our Projects. CEan Mayur enlightens everyone about another site that has done a similar concept and how they all benefitted tremendously from it.

Action Item: Seek feedback from CEans on the forums. (Low priority)

5: 15 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - Floor I

CEans then decide about the structure of future CE Meets. Following were few of the ideas :-
  • CE Trek : CEans come together for a trek to Sinhagad or nearby place
  • Each CEan should have a CE Tee for the meet. ๐Ÿ˜
  • We may invite guest speakers at the meet (but this will require at least 40-50 CEans attending the meet)
  • Get sponsors for our meets. Have 5 min tech-talks on latest/interesting projects happenings CEans are working on (in their own professional field)
  • CE Team Building : We organize 2 day outward bound training program in association with a local trainer
  • Possibility of CE Hyderabad, CE - Mumbai & CE - Delhi meets.
Conclusion: We need more participants in our CE Meets. We should announce the CE Meets well in advance through news papers, local magazines and of course through our own site.

Action Items: Start discussion threads on various City Meets (each CEan is free to start a meet - thread for his/her own city ).

CEan - Big K to setup CE Gear Store so that all CEans can buy CE Tees ๐Ÿ˜

[Note that there are no deadlines for the action items. We'll have to come up with our own deadlines]

5: 30 pm: Place: CCD, FC Road - CCD Entrance

CEans shake hands & part to meet again, at the next CE Meet!

----------------------------------------------

Overall, We all enjoyed the First Ever CE Meet! Jokes, Ideas, Laughter, Enthusiasm, Caffeine - The CE Meet was full of everything!

Overall it was an amazing experience! I personally look forward to many more such meets! [โ€‹IMG]

[Pictures will follow soon]

โ€‹

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Lol, great detailed report there! I'm glad it was a productive meet ๐Ÿ˜€

Man, am so excited to see CE:IM being active again. Along with CE Bot, these two will certainly encourage participation amongst CEans and also promote Crazy Engineers ๐Ÿ˜

Oh, lets try setting up the video conferencing next time. Would be a hilarious experience ๐Ÿ˜›
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    glad to hear of the worthy outcome of the meet and Biggie ,Mayur it was so nice to hear that my all suggestions for making CE a much rockin hangout ...while my interview to Ce'an Prateek for Know your Ce'an is working...๐Ÿ˜›

I believe that if we can follow our goals we can make CE a much better place to be in ...as its all our dreams being a . right!
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Very nice ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hey Biggie,

I'm impressed by the detailed report meticulously written. Well, as you have covered every thing, you leave me with no updates or inside views to give. But yes, the meet was EXCELLENT! The caps is pronouncing the fun we had.

Now is the time for actions. Ash, xHx, MaRo, Gohm, Van Helsing, guys how about taking a role of evangelist in your own territories? Can you guys be our International Evangelists for your countries/areas?
  • technospartan
    technospartan
    CONGRATULATIONS dor the successful meet BIGGIE!!!!!!!!!!! you have mentioned the concept of ce-evangelist.as a college student i am really interested in this.please temme for any sort if initiatives taken.......

"ITS NOT SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
    ITS LIVE TO THE FULLEST."
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here are few pics we clicked: -

CEans - The Last Supper ..err.. the last Sipper ๐Ÿ˜

[โ€‹IMG]

The Tech Talk :

[โ€‹IMG]

Hmmm... CE Messenger

[โ€‹IMG]

CE Evangelism - redefined.

[โ€‹IMG]

Happy Moments : -

[โ€‹IMG]

...CE Messenger... hmmm

[โ€‹IMG]

... The Crazy Engineers ...

[โ€‹IMG]

Comments, fellas!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you are wondering why I didn't mention the names - Read the following : -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Awaiting your responses! ๐Ÿ˜
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    If you are wondering why I didn't mention the names - Read the following : -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Awaiting your responses! ๐Ÿ˜
    Let me guess:-
    I will move from right to left
    1. Kulesh
    2. Mayur Pathak
    3. Prady
    4. Big K
    5. Pradeep Agrawal
    6. Mayank
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, each CEan can post at the most 2 guesses! ๐Ÿ˜

There's no deadline to the contest. We'll stop as soon as we've the first 'Correct' answer & few more responses ๐Ÿ˜

Keep guessing! ๐Ÿ˜
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Thanks a lot for the two guesses biggie. But this is my answer and I won't be needing the second guess. Lets decide on the next meet. If we want it to be a success then we will have to start having true meets. This one was good for a first time meet where not many could come but it can not and should not be like this always.
    We should start deciding on the City first. Let the next meet be in January. The college students will be having their winter vacations and if we make the date 31st and 1st then i suppose we can even celebrate the new year together.
    About the CE trips and treks:- I think I will be able to organize them. I have many plans for trips right now in my mind.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I supposed Mayur's shirt gave it away ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • rishinawani
    rishinawani
    my guess is.
    from left-
    1. Pradeep Agrawal
    Mayank
    3. Prady
    4. The Big K
    5. Mayur Pathak
    6. Kulesh
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    ash
    I supposed Mayur's shirt gave it away ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Yeah man. What to do ๐Ÿ˜” But don't tell this to any one :sshhh:
    By the way that was a gift to me from Biggie. Just that he branded CE on the back side.
  • p4prasad
    p4prasad
    dat was kool friends.. missed all fun...
  • vamsi_51
    vamsi_51
    I missed all the fun.

thx for the updates...

CE rocks... always...

hope the next meeting occurs in usa so i can come....

Congrats again to all..

-- vamsi.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    mayurpathak
    Yeah man. What to do ๐Ÿ˜” But don't tell this to any one :sshhh:
    By the way that was a gift to me from Biggie. Just that he branded CE on the back side.
    haha! You are now a property of Crazy Engineers ๐Ÿ˜‰

By the way, I missed your comment about the "evangelist" idea earlier. I'm willing to do so for my university, but will need the posters and stuff. I believe the designs are still in production? ๐Ÿ˜‰

And regarding the CE Fund, that is a good idea. Even a $1 contribution is good enough since we have so many members. However, was there any discussions about getting sponsorship for the projects as well? We sorely need some for the CE Bot ๐Ÿ˜”
  • ankit.srmece
    ankit.srmece
    i think d order is(left to right):
    Big K, Kulesh,prady,pradeep aggarwal,mayur,mayank

ash
    haha! You are now a property of Crazy Engineers ๐Ÿ˜‰

By the way, I missed your comment about the "evangelist" idea earlier. I'm willing to do so for my university, but will need the posters and stuff. I believe the designs are still in production? ๐Ÿ˜‰

And regarding the CE Fund, that is a good idea. Even a $1 contribution is good enough since we have so many members. However, was there any discussions about getting sponsorship for the projects as well? We sorely need some for the CE Bot ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Yeah we had good discussions regarding collection of funds. I gave them an example of #-Link-Snipped-# who had discovered innovative ways to collect funds and use it for the best benefit of people who donated. I think $1 is nothing, we should be able to get it easily.

by the way, Biggie puts responsibility for getting sponsorships on me. LOL :-D
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    How about we give a $100 prize for guessing who the cameraman is too? ๐Ÿ˜›

[EDIT]
    Yeah we had good discussions regarding collection of funds. I gave them an example of #-Link-Snipped-# who had discovered innovative ways to collect funds and use it for the best benefit of people who donated. I think $1 is nothing, we should be able to get it easily.

by the way, Biggie puts responsibility for getting sponsorships on me. LOL [โ€‹IMG]
    Lol, join the club for 35 pounds? Wow.. they are innovative indeed if they managed to convince people to register!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    by the way, Biggie puts responsibility for getting sponsorships on me. LOL :-D
    Yes, because you're the marketing guy who can write pretty mails and got MBA and ... :twisted:
  • bharathsv87
    bharathsv87
    My guess is from right to left...
    The Big K
    Mayur Pathak
    Prady
    Kulesh
    Mayank
    PradeepAgrawal
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Yes, because you're the marketing guy who can write pretty mails and got MBA and ... :twisted:
    Hmmm, so much for being a good ol' CEan. Anyway, I'll do my best. I have already initiated few things... in my brain ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good guessing going on, fellas ๐Ÿ˜

Come on, each one of you has 2 guesses! Use them - they cost nothing ๐Ÿ˜

Oh yes, the CrazyEngineers T-Shirts are cool! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    wooho! First CE meet and a success!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I wish I was there, oh no, but wait...I have photoshop!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ So i will be in one of the pics soon ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyway, you guys divided the stuff into good portions and we can start working on it rather soon now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    wooho! First CE meet and a success!! ๐Ÿ˜€

I wish I was there, oh no, but wait...I have photoshop!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ So i will be in one of the pics soon ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyway, you guys divided the stuff into good portions and we can start working on it rather soon now.
    We'd have loved to have you. In fact, we were planning to have the first CE meet while you were in India.

Do let us know about your second trip (well in advance!) and we'll try to have a meet.

Oh, btw, how about a CE - Dubai meet? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, here's something you might like ๐Ÿ˜‰

Click: The First CE Meet - YouTube
  • PkS
    PkS
    Am I eligible to participate?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Everyone with a valid CE ID is eligible.
  • haiabeon
    haiabeon
    I will move from right to left
    1. Kulesh
    2. Mayur Pathak
    3. Prady
    4. Big K
    5. Pradeep Agrawal
    6. Mayank __________________
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The_Big_K
    Everyone with a valid CE ID is eligible.
    There are invalid CE ID's? hahaha.. I can imagine some shady fella trying to sell "CE Memberships" on the street.

Btw, thats a great vid Biggie! Thats the first time I heard of Animoto. Lol, CE Studios? Are you on to something here? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • suyash
    suyash
    This is my first attempt

from left to right

1) Mayank
    2) Kulesh
    3) Big K
    4) Prady
    5) Mayur
    6) Pradeep Agrawal

I hope I get the CE tee !!

btw when do we know that the contest is closed??
  • suyash
    suyash
    This is my second attempt

from left to right

1) Kulesh
    2) Mayank
    3) Big K
    4) Prady
    5) Mayur
    6) Pradeep Agrawal

I hope I get the CE tee, even if this attempt is wrong and the first one is correct !!

btw when do we know that the contest is closed??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ooh, Ah, Ouch! ๐Ÿ˜

Keep the answers coming!

Note: Wearing CE Tee in College or at Workplace earns you extra respect & attention - *Fact.*
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Heh, you man, I wish I could come too!!

I think I can make it to the next meeting only after August! And will be waiting for any news for that one ๐Ÿ˜

And I am watching the video rite now!! Maaan, how did you make that? Adobe After Effects?

--EDIT---

Ok, animoto ๐Ÿ˜ nice one, didnt know about it
  • suyash
    suyash
    The_Big_K
    Ooh, Ah, Ouch! ๐Ÿ˜

Keep the answers coming!
    ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜•

:x :x :x
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The contest is now over! Check the announcement here -

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • aashima
    aashima
    Now that sounds great. Finally CEans got to meet! Nice move. And hats off to you Biggie for the splendid description!
    The CE Evangelists' idea sounds pretty good. Can be easily implemented with few people plugging in and would be good for CE too. And as of photographs, though no idea whose who, nice pics!!
    The tee concept is good as well. As in would be more fun carrying out the next CE meet with tees on :smile:
    Well Good Luck for the following meets, waiting for another similar descriptive thread!
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    this sounds gr8.,, i m looking forward for meet at mumbai if i can attend..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    well written by biggie

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We deeply feel sorry for those who couldn't attend the meet ! Oh, don't worry, we bring you the moment by moment details of the meet in the following...
Its kung fu fighting! The latest animated movie from Dreamworks had the looks, the action, the humour, and even a decent plot. The good: - Superb voice acting: Jack Black...
can anyone please tell me how we can compute the thumbnail of an aimage using matlab?? any relevant links shall also be highly useful. thx in advance...
Solve this - if you can : https://www.drunkmenworkhere.org/170
I need answer for the folllowing questions relevant to printed circuit board technology. What is the exact difference between resistance and impedance? If impedance mean for the restriction of AC...