CE Magazine?

I was wondering if we could have our very own CE online magazine? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

With many computer engineers in this forum we could seriously start our very own online magazine.

The magazine could be released fortnightly, covering all the details, news,etc. This could be a very good magazine for students. ๐Ÿ˜

If you need designer for your magazine, then I'm always around. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We will need editors also.

If we could form a team for CE magazine, then we could seriosly do something.

Let me know if you guys interested.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I think there is one thread regarding the same issue. But we can discuss about this one here.

Yes this is very good. How if we send the email with the daily update of the forums and we can write special article for students after particular time interval.

Something lookslike newsletter.
  • safwan
    safwan
    good idea i always read something call " DATAQEST " and "PCQEST" of cybermedia coming from India to my school library why cant we have our own this kind of CE Magazine .
    biggie please think of this too.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Those who are in favor of CE Magazine ,

First try to write and post some good articles here then think of putting them in the form of a magazine. Can't post here but can write for a Magazine. Ha ! What non -sense !๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Running a magazine is a behemoth task and requires dedicated efforts by a dedicated team.

Can we form an unofficial editorial on CE to perform the editorial tasks? Let's see how the team performs.

Any takers?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Somehow I agree with Shalini.
    And anyway like Biggie said running a magazine is not an easy task. You need to be registered, have a bank account under the organization's name and then apply for a magazine registration number or RNI No. You can not publish a magazine without a RNI No.
    Then you need to have some initial finance for at leat 7 editions.
    And this is just the beginning...................
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    godfather
    I think there is one thread regarding the same issue. But we can discuss about this one here.

Yes this is very good. How if we send the email with the daily update of the forums and we can write special article for students after particular time interval.

Something lookslike newsletter.
    Buddy daily updates sometimes people consider it as spam.
    I think releasing our magazine in pdf or like an ebook would be cool. And every fortnight would be appreciated.

The_Big_K
    Running a magazine is a behemoth task and requires dedicated efforts by a dedicated team.

Can we form an unofficial editorial on CE to perform the editorial tasks? Let's see how the team performs.

Any takers?
    I can help out with designing the whole magazine, etc. Been doing for Rotaract clubs (but circulation is private - only to members) for past one year.

Editorial board should be decided by you, cause I have no idea who's good in writing here. Probably if you can look into it, then it could work out.

raj87verma88
    Somehow I agree with Shalini.
    And anyway like Biggie said running a magazine is not an easy task. You need to be registered, have a bank account under the organization's name and then apply for a magazine registration number or RNI No. You can not publish a magazine without a RNI No.
    Then you need to have some initial finance for at leat 7 editions.
    And this is just the beginning...................
    I am not pretty sure if license is required for circulating privately to our members. If it is required, then the admin should solely decide if its feasible by him. If not for magazine, then we ll come up with some other good idea. ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Me too interested in magazine stuffs..

PS: One more suggestion: If we release technical articles each and every week in CE site itself, It would be better. We ceans can gain knowledge, and perhaps it increases more traffic . For each section two or three ceans should take responsibility to release articles just like our smalltalk.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    ms_cs
    Me too interested in magazine stuffs..

PS: One more suggestion: If we release technical articles each and every week in CE site itself, It would be better. We ceans can gain knowledge, and perhaps it increases more traffic . For each section two or three ceans should take responsibility to release articles just like our smalltalk.
    Hey, thats a nice idea too. If magazine is not working out, den we can always do like you said. I guess this is quite feasible for the admin also. isnt it? ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    There is always a green signal to start such article discussions in CE I think.
    But It should be in separate section, that is my suggestion,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Folks, I'm not averse to the idea of starting a magazine. But who's going to write for it and take responsibility?

We need more informative articles on CE. Print media doesn't appeal to people anymore. Plus we'll save few more trees ๐Ÿ˜‰

No one will mark useful posts as spam. Be assured of that.
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    The_Big_K
    Folks, I'm not averse to the idea of starting a magazine. But who's going to write for it and take responsibility?

We need more informative articles on CE. Print media doesn't appeal to people anymore. Plus we'll save few more trees ๐Ÿ˜‰

No one will mark useful posts as spam. Be assured of that.
    my idea was to release it online in pdf format cause I do care about nature. ๐Ÿ˜

Please note i said online magazine. Anyways no problem if its not happening.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    It has facts to be taken care of,,,
    but once it is done then it will be an achievement by all CEans.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    We had CE bulletin long back. But it was discontinued as the response wasn't good. We never wanted to send it to every one without their consent. Not many people subscribed... so it went to a slow death.

I think the idea here is to start an e-Magazine if I'm not wrong. Nice.
    Instead we can have members write articles and we can put the watermarked copies for downloads. For ex. the 'Inside it' series.

Biggie I think we can reopen the download section... can we?
  • gohm
    gohm
    My opinion is that this type of information should be posted in the forums to increase traffic flow and contribute to a well informed forum. As things progress, this would be a good option to look into. An e-newsletter is a big commitment and requires a lot of work.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We can, of course.
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    mayurpathak
    We had CE bulletin long back. But it was discontinued as the response wasn't good. We never wanted to send it to every one without their consent. Not many people subscribed... so it went to a slow death.

I think the idea here is to start an e-Magazine if I'm not wrong. Nice.
    Instead we can have members write articles and we can put the watermarked copies for downloads. For ex. the 'Inside it' series.

Biggie I think we can reopen the download section... can we?
    You are right buddy. I was talking about an e-magazine.

Anyways whatever decision taken by the admin will be accepted, cause its not an easy task. We require a dedicated team for this magazine.

If it works out then it ll be a great news for all. Or else we ll go ahead with posting in forum ( as somebody mentioned earlier).

Either way we are looking for somethin positive for CE.

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    arihant007
    Either way we are looking for somethin positive for CE.
    Oh really, then eagerly waiting for your so called e-magazine's article samples to read here also. ๐Ÿ˜
  • arihant007
    arihant007
    shalini_goel14
    Oh really, then eagerly waiting for your so called e-magazine's article samples to read here also. ๐Ÿ˜
    That so-called magazine I'm not doing for myself. So stop talking like a cranky old woman.

Moreover I dint say that I'm going to do everything from designing to editing & everything else! I just proposed an idea for which I can help upto a certain extent. I thought this would help this community. Moreover the admin should also agree for e-magazine. I anyways don't get anything out of it. If I look on other hand I would say it is time-waste, since I don't get any thing out of it. Moreover, I got a very busy schedule (college is not the only thing I do). To be actually speaking, I've done quite a couple of projects here n there for companies even while I'm studying. So i hardly get time to come online.

Anyways Look I became part of this community just because my good friend referred to me (Godfather). I was almost offline until GF told me to join this community.

If you think you can help in better way, then do so. Don't sit back & comment. You are not helping in anyway when it comes to this topic.

Sorry to say guys, with this kind of attitude of members I can't be part of this community.

To GF -> Sorry GF. I won't waste time. You know how busy I am. See ya soon.

Best of luck for future guys.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm sorry to see the discussion going on here. First of all, Shalini - you should pay attention to the way you comment.

@ Arihant: I'm aware that the ideas are being contributed for the good of CE. We may have a CE Magazine in future and I'm glad you contributed the idea. I hope you will continue to be an active member and not get offended.

Everyone - please pay attention to the way you comment, and how you react. We are here to bring positive change to our surroundings.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, thanks biggie! Being respectful and acknowledging we each have different opinions, views and personalities is vital in any community, including online.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Okies,

* One more last rude comment *

Mr Arihant ! Don't teach me positive thinking. First learn yourself to take people in positive direction. I haven't abused you with words like "cranky" "old woman" ok. ๐Ÿ˜€ Anyways, If want to do something positive for CE, Please take care of people asking their problems in CS section[I guess you are a computer engineer right? ] first.[My lot of queries are still left unanswered there.Still in the hope someone will answer them some day.๐Ÿ˜”]
    My credit on you for whole life. Thanks a lot for this ! ๐Ÿ˜€

SORRY LAST TIME FOR RUDE POSTS !!!

Now Happy Mr Arihant and everyone ! If not -Be positive : If yes - Very Good ๐Ÿ˜€
    โ€‹
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Oh!
    :shock:
    @Arihant:
    please cool down buddy.
  • tashirosgt
    tashirosgt
    There are so many messages on web forums these days that there is an opportunity for a "Digest" or "Best of the web" type of electronic publication that selects the most interesting ones. The job of selecting items from existing material is easier than the job of creating original material. However, it is still a job that requires skill and the success of such a publication would depend on having good editors.

It would be most convenient to have material from various forums and the USENET on a single site as copies of the material instead of links. But there might be legal issues in having a copy. The most satisfactory method might be to get an agreement with various other sites on reproducing messages from the site. Perhaps if both the message and a link to the site is published, other sites would find it useful to agree to this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Most web pages about secondary school algebra that I have seen are logically inconsistent when it comes to exponentiation. On the one hand, they claim (x [sup] a [/sup]) [sup]...
can anyone please tell me how to implement a linked list
What is mean by struct in java? Please give me a explanation of struct.๐Ÿ˜•
Cosmic radiation is known to cause Ionization of gasses in the upper atmosphere. The problem lies in the fact that, apart from the cosmic radiation from sun, the galactic cosmic...
Hi Folks! I wrote a classic snake game this weekend, The code is in C#, and is open source and available free for use and reuse. This can serve as...