CE - Jobs | Careers - HOT OR NOT

CEans,

I've been wondering if we should have a CE - Jobs / Careers section on CE. Do you think its a good idea to have a section that is exclusive for job openings in various companies, summer training availability, advice from engineers who are already employed etc.

Do you think such a section will make sense on CE? What type of content can we have in it? Can we use it for sharing employee referral ids etc. ?

The thread has a poll at the top. Do not forget to vote & add your comment in this thread. We will introduce new section only if big number of CEans think that such a section will be a value addition to CE as well as CEans ๐Ÿ˜

Let the comments, ideas, opinions flood in!

-The Big K-

Replies

• djnachi
    djnachi
    Hei nice thought biggy. That would be great to have such a kinda blog. Count me on dat, I surely game for it. But just a querry; how exactly its gonna work, have you thought on it??

Regards,
    Nachi.
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @The big K
    Ya,we can introduce.We can have volunteers from different companies and they will clear doubts of people who want to go there.
    And then we can have a separate resume section.People can post their sample resume that helped them getting job of their dream and some tips can also be there.
    Then we can have an intervew section.And as the name signifies,there will be interview questions.
    The idea can be extended.
    Tell me your response..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    LORD_EC
    @The big K
    Ya,we can introduce.We can have volunteers from different companies and they will clear doubts of people who want to go there.
    And then we can have a separate resume section.People can post their sample resume that helped them getting job of their dream and some tips can also be there.
    Then we can have an intervew section.And as the name signifies,there will be interview questions.
    The idea can be extended.
    Tell me your response..
    How it will work - well, we can rename the existing 'CE - Higher Education ' section to CE - JOBS | Careers. So we will have section with at least a few posts, to start with. The section can get queries regarding summer training, higher studies, jobs etc. One idea is to have people who are working in companies to post their addresses to which others can send their resumes.

Fresh graduates can ask others specific questions about companies, prospects. It might be helpful in seeking career advice from others. These are all raw thoughts I have in my mind. The only thing that bothers me - low activity ๐Ÿ˜ in such section.

Let us hear from the other CEans first ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    CE jobs section should wait.
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @the_big_k
    just wait for sometime.I have my placements after one month.I will be the first one in that category.I will be having idea of all the companies that come to our college for recruitment procee and their profiles,package and all that.I will post them soon.
    hows this ??
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    Me Game for it.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    rpkash
    Me Game for it.
    count me in...๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

haye evry1 actually i want to select my final year project but im just confusedddddd im doing telecom engg plz reffer a good site which can help me and ya...
Currently, a new phenomenon has gripped my college - THE RUBIK's CUBE!!! All of us have seen or even owned this mechanical beauty when we were kids. But few of...
Hello Friends. I am Bhargav Soni. I am computer science student. I want to learn PHP & SAP. Which one is the best. How can i learn from web site?...
haye engineerzzzzz yoo we all rockz stay cool ๐Ÿ˜
i have given my 4th semester exams(B.Tech.) this summer.. i am 4om electronics and communication field.. i want to learn embedded system technology. its not included in our university syllabus.....